Is sailing out of Stockholm as scenic as sailing in?

deeg

Hi All

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am not sure if the route changes based upon direction 

Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug

Thank you

1.  We sailed out of Stockholm around 5pm.  The scenery was fantastic!

2.  We cruised in mid-July.  The weather was phenomenal!  We had no rainy days.  The temperatures were mild-to-warm.  Just like Mary Poppins—“Practically Perfect in Every Way”. 

• Thanks 1

Of course I donot know where you will embark/disembark, so I will only give you the max temperatures in "Baltic cruise Ports" we experienced in July 2014 (in Fahrenheit as you live in NY) : Kopenhagen partly sunny 68, Warnemünde partly sunny 71, Tallinn clear 66, St Petersburg sunny 68 2nd day: 57, Helsinki partly sunny 76, Stockholm partly sunny 54, 2nd day rain and 69, Arhus a bit rainy 73.   This year I will pack for warm, nice, cold, windy and rainy days (layers…..). I now see Sinppu advises the same 😉 Wish you a fantastic trip to all those nice ports.

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

Of course I donot know where you will embark/disembark, so I will only give you the max temperatures in "Baltic cruise Ports" we experienced in July 2014 (in Fahrenheit as you live in NY) : Kopenhagen partly sunny 68, Warnemünde partly sunny 71, Tallinn clear 66, St Petersburg sunny 68 2nd day: 57, Helsinki partly sunny 76, Stockholm partly sunny 54, 2nd day rain and 69, Arhus a bit rainy 73.   This year I will pack for warm, nice, cold, windy and rainy days (layers…..). I now see Sinppu advises the same 😉 Wish you a fantastic trip to all those nice ports.

You forgot snow. It actually snowed in the Stockholm area during the night between
Thursday and Friday earlier this week.

Edited by Desdichado62

4 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

You forgot snow. It actually snowed in the Stockholm area during the night between
Thursday and Friday earlier this week.

We had some hail today, but Deegs's question was:  "Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug?"  Do you really think they have to carry snowboots next summer months? 😉

20 hours ago, MAVIP said:

We had some hail today, but Deegs's question was:  "Also can anyone comment on the weather they experienced on Baltic Cruise in July/Aug?"  Do you really think they have to carry snowboots next summer months? 😉

Well probably not in the middle of the summer unless you count hail as snow. 😉

• Haha 1

I will always remember laying on a sunbed at the back of the ship,on a sailaway in June,watching Stockholm disappearing in the distance.Unique experience.