Hotel in Copenhagen

We are staying in Copenhagen for 1 night before our Baltics cruise in June. I have 3 hotels booked and need to choose 1. Could I have some feedback on the different hotels? 

AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen

Crown Plaza Copenhagen Towers

CPH Studio Hotel

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

21 hours ago, cruisin2000 said:

We are staying in Copenhagen for 1 night before our Baltics cruise in June. I have 3 hotels booked and need to choose 1. Could I have some feedback on the different hotels? 

AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen

Crown Plaza Copenhagen Towers

CPH Studio Hotel

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

I am cruising after you and we have booked the AC Hotel for our July 4 cruise.  If you end up staying there, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

24 minutes ago, bravestwj said:

I am cruising after you and we have booked the AC Hotel for our July 4 cruise.  If you end up staying there, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Yes I will....we are leaning towards the Crowne Plaza right now.

We're booked at the Crowne Plaza for our October cruise.  I like the fact that we can either take the train one stop or use their airport shuttle when we arrive.  I'm leaning toward the train because we'll probably buy a two day pass for public transportation, so it won't cost us anything more.  I think the shuttle is around $4 pp.  The center of town is only 10 minutes away by train, and we plan to use the train/bus to get to the port.

Its 2 stops, Tårnby and then Ørestad. 

Of course you can get one of the hourly intercity trains that doesn't stop at Tårnby but be prepared to take it one stop further. 🙂

But Tårnby is located in a tunnel so its easy to see the difference because Ørestad is out in the open surrounded by high rises (with one of them being the Crowne Plaza. 

Another advantage of Crowne Plaza is that you can both take the metro and the train. 

From Bella Sky there is only the metro. 

The advantage is that the metro will take you to Kongens Nytorv near Nyhavn, Amalienborg, Rosenborg and the canal tour. 

With the train you get closer to Tivoli, National Museum, Ny Carlsberg Glyptoteket etc. 

I am not familiar with the last hotel. 

But but but. 

Bella Sky is currently having a problem with bed bugs (i think they are called in english) in some of their rooms. 

The affected rooms are closed down for disinfection/cleaning so it shouldn't be a problem but you'll never know. 

I know that in this time and age with more tourist coming from more exotic places these things will happen more and more so its probably not a problem that only Bella Sky suffers with but at least they have been very clear about it. 

Edited by Danish viking
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I, several years ago, did a transatlantic cruise that began in Copenhagen.  We chose to stay at the Wake Up Borgergade. The room was small but quite functional and immaculate. The cost, for Copenhagen, was very reasonable and it is located a short distance from a metro stop (the metro line begins right in the airport)so it was very convenient. Also, located a short walk to the famous Nyhavin District where I highly recommend dinner at the Christianshavns Fargecafe.  We were the only non-Danish folks there and the meal was delicious. 

• 2 months later...

Hello, We are currently looking to book a hotel in Copenhagen 2 nights post cruise. We will be there when the Jazz Festival is occurring in July. It would be nice to attend a bit of this event but want also to stay where it is not too noisy from the festival. We are currently looking at the Nyhaven district. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Danish Viking (or any one else with an opinion)... our cruise ends in Copenhagen (ship will be at Langelinie) and we will be staying 3 nights before flying home. Currently we have a room reserved at the Absalon Hotel (but the reservation is cancelable so we can easily pick another property)  It is behind the train station just a couple of blocks so I am assuming it would be an easy walk to Tivoli and to other transportation around town. But I have a few questions...

is this a good location or would you recommend another area?

We will be there mid to late May....I have noticed many hotels do not have air conditioning. Is this likely to be an issue in May?

what would be the best way to get from Langelinie to the hotel? 

Any comments on the Absalon hotel also appreciated or hotel suggestions for Copenhagen. 

Thanks so much. 

2 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Hello, We are currently looking to book a hotel in Copenhagen 2 nights post cruise. We will be there when the Jazz Festival is occurring in July. It would be nice to attend a bit of this event but want also to stay where it is not too noisy from the festival. We are currently looking at the Nyhaven district. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I wouldn't worry about staying in the Nyhavn area during the Jazz Festival. I haven't found the festival to be that noisy and they usually shut down before it gets too late, so that they won't disturb the neighbours - so they definitely won't be playing when you're trying to sleep. It's a nice area and you're very close to pretty much everything! 

But then again Nyhavn is a very central location, so there will always be some noises from the cityscape outside - but this is only a problem if you're really sensitive to noise (and it doesn't sound like that's the case with you).

1 hour ago, mhb1757 said:

Any comments on the Absalon hotel also appreciated or hotel suggestions for Copenhagen. 

Absalon Hotel is quite central and due to its close proximity to Copenhagen Central Station (and with the upcoming opening on the metro circle line in late September 2019) it will be really easy and convenient to get around the city if you stay at Absalon Hotel. It's located near the border between the city centre "Indre By" and the hipster neighbourhood Vesterbro. Not bad, if you ask me. You should be aware that it's in the middle of the RLD of Copenhagen, which is kind of "tame" by inernational standards. The area is still perfectly safe, but if RLD related actives makes you uncomfortable you could look into alternative locations.
Public transport schedules for next year haven't been released yet, but you could take a bus+S-train/metro from (near) Langelinie to Copenhagen Central Station for 24 DKK per adult. Taking a taxi from Langelinie to Absalon Hotel will cost around 150-200 DKK depending on traffic, time of day and day of the week.
I don't know as much as a single Scandinavian who lives in a house or apartment with aircondition. Aircondition is not needed here as it's just doesn't get that hot. We've seen a few exceptions to this in the last couple of years, and especially last summer was really hot, but these situations are still exceptions. When you are visiting in May, it's highly unlikely that we'll have a heatwave, but in these times you never know. I've been told that many of the hotels in Copenhagen claiming to have "aircondition" doesn't actually have aircondition, but just a central ventilation system.

Edited by I_am_a_Dane

10 hours ago, I_am_a_Dane said:

I wouldn't worry about staying in the Nyhavn area during the Jazz Festival. I haven't found the festival to be that noisy and they usually shut down before it gets too late, so that they won't disturb the neighbours - so they definitely won't be playing when you're trying to sleep. It's a nice area and you're very close to pretty much everything! 

But then again Nyhavn is a very central location, so there will always be some noises from the cityscape outside - but this is only a problem if you're really sensitive to noise (and it doesn't sound like that's the case with you).

Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful!

We are thinking about Hotel Bethel. Is the easiest way to get to the airport from the hotel via taxi or are there private car services for hire in the city? 

46 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Thank you so much for this information. Very helpful!

We are thinking about Hotel Bethel. Is the easiest way to get to the airport from the hotel via taxi or are there private car services for hire in the city? 

Happy to help!

Private transfer companies tend to be very expensive in Denmark, so I wouldn’t recommend that.

A taxi will cost around 250-350 DKK, give or take depending on traffic, route and day/time.

Taking the metro is a good alternative: Hotel Bethel is really close to Kongens Nytorv metro station. From there you can take the metro directly to the airport in 15 minutes. The adult fare is 36 DKK.

22 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Thank you.

I stayed at the Hotel Bethel the last 2 nights of the Jazz Festival. My room was not on the canal side, and I heard some music until 10 or 11 on Saturday which was very pleasant. There was no music Sunday night. 

I took the the metro to Kongens Nytorv and walked to the hotel. It was easy. Just make sure you find the elevator to ground level; I dragged my suitcase up a long flight of stairs. (I assume that when the new Metro line opens the hoarding will disappear and it will be easier to find the elevator, although there is still construction of the M4 line.)

At the M1/M2 platform (the metro from the airport) at Kongens Nytorv the elevators are situated at the other end of the platform than the stairs. 

How they are located on the M3/M4 platform that is still a good question. 

I could probably find a drawing of the layout, but since the line opens after the cruise season I won't bother finding it.