One more Muse dress code question

Seattlerk

Sorry but I need one more Muse dress code clarification.  In our cruise documents it states that on the Muse after dinner all men must wear coats, ties optional.  Is this correct?  On Casual evenings, after dinner, is it necessary to return to the cabin to change into Informal attire?

I just read the dress code (we sail The Muse in Dec).....first time on SS and I think I understand this jacket thing....it does differ from Seabourn which we have sailed.  There are 3 categories:  casual, informal &  formal.   Casual equals no jacket, informal equals jacket no tie, formal equals jacket or suit with tie.  If you are out & about after dinner on formal night even if you had a causal dinner in your suite or on deck, you are required to wear a jacket no tie in public areas.  Like I said....I think I get it.  You definitely need bigger luggage on SS😜

• Like 1

I suspect they want a bit of a stylishly formal

vibe throughout the evening all across the ship.  It’s really a nice feeling. 

Edited by cece50

To my experience the dress code was only enforced in the four dinner locations on 4th floor (Atlantide, Indochine, La Dame, Kaiseki) and only during dinner times. If you go to the bars on upper level after dinner you might feel out of place in casual attire but no one really cares. On a formal night there were lots of men not wearing ties all over the ship after dinner.

Four mandatory venues having strict dress codes is too many for any luxury line.  So one is is only relegated to Pizza or room service if they are in smart casual country club attire.  This will all change down the road as the older guests stop sailing.  Silversea needs to at least meet what other luxury lines are doing.having two SS cruises under our belt and boy was it a dead ship around 9:30 pm.  It was a ghost ship.  Nothing much to do during sea days and abysmal entertainment at night.  A total lack of enrichment programs and average food.  No changes were allowed for some of our meals.  As our waiter boldly told us.  “it is what it is.”  What?  Never on Crystal, Seabourn, Regent have we heard this.  Buyer be aware other lines that will meet and exceed your expectations.

3 hours ago, MalbecWine said:

Four mandatory venues having strict dress codes is too many for any luxury line.  So one is is only relegated to Pizza or room service if they are in smart casual country club attire.  This will all change down the road as the older guests stop sailing.  Silversea needs to at least meet what other luxury lines are doing.having two SS cruises under our belt and boy was it a dead ship around 9:30 pm.  It was a ghost ship.  Nothing much to do during sea days and abysmal entertainment at night.  A total lack of enrichment programs and average food.  No changes were allowed for some of our meals.  As our waiter boldly told us.  “it is what it is.”  What?  Never on Crystal, Seabourn, Regent have we heard this.  Buyer be aware other lines that will meet and exceed your expectations.

Call me intuitive but I'm suspecting SS may not be for you. The fact that my experience is very different from yours will no doubt be irrelevant to you. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seattlerk,

I would encourage you to disregard MalbecWine's comments above as according to his/her own admission hasn't sailed Silversea since the days when Crystal, Regent, and Seabourn eliminated formal nights.  Therefore, MalbecWine could have never sailed on the Muse since it was launched in 2017.  As such, MalbecWine has no idea about the Muse's daily enrichment programs, nightly entertainment, activities that occur during sea days, or food.  And, without proper context, no one can understand the claim "no changes were allowed for some of our meals".  Personally, we've always found Silversea willing to adapt a dish to our needs, but if we wanted to change a one specifically prepared by the chef, say crème brûlée, well 'it is what it is' would be more than an appropriate response IMHO.

During formal nights on the Muse, only three venues (Atlantide, Indochine, and La Dame) require formal attire, whereas three other venues (La Terrazza, Kaiseki, and Silver Note) will remain informal while The Grill and Spaccanapoli are always casual.

Enjoy your voyage.  Silver Muse is a lovely vessel.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MalbecWine said:

You are correct.  SS is not for us and other luxury line sailors.  Two times was enough for us.  We will vote with our wallet.

I'm very pleased to hear that. Glad to know SS dress code is doing its job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2