Recent Sun or Sky Havana Tours Problems?

Recently read that Castro talked of fuel shortages and its  affecting Classic cars and other tours etc. Did anyone feel this was a problem with the last few sailing? We sail On Sun May 27h

Fidel and Ramon might be dead. Raul maybe stepping down into retirement Diaz-Canel  moving up Still Raul was speaking about the fact that oil from Venezuela was slowing down. Raul was speaking about the fact that it would be harder to get gas and quotas  would most likely be imposed. That is what I was inquiring about. This was last week

I had expressed my concerns since I lived and drove during the oil embargo of 1973. You were assigned  to get gas based on odd / even license plates and various other ways. It was not easy on people or their pocketbooks. With the blackouts etc from Cuba's main supplier Venezuela they to might face this way of life in obtaining fuel. If restrictions start to happen I wondered if it is trickling down to tours. Rethink how to spend time in Havana  That was it 

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/05/720376155/cubans-increasingly-anxious-about-gas-shortages-under-trump-sanctions-against-ve  There was another but you might locate the others.  I was concerned that while in Cuba in 2 weeks I might want to consider changing how I would spend my time, punt per se. Look into walking about more

On two of our recent past cruises we passed by Cuba. The island  was very dark with very little in the

way of lights. Including Havana. Since we didn't stop there I can't speak to the tours and classic

cars needing gas. But my guess is that if the ships are stopping there they will do what they can

so they can get the revenue.

1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

On two of our recent past cruises we passed by Cuba. The island  was very dark with very little in the

way of lights. Including Havana. Since we didn't stop there I can't speak to the tours and classic

cars needing gas. But my guess is that if the ships are stopping there they will do what they can

so they can get the revenue.

It is eerie how dark Cuba is at night vs an island like Puerto Rico...

20 hours ago, katesmarma said:

Recently read that Castro talked of fuel shortages and its  affecting Classic cars and other tours etc. Did anyone feel this was a problem with the last few sailing? We sail On Sun May 27h

We took a cruise which included two days in Havana last month and had no problems with our excursions.