European drinks menu (MSC Meraviglia)

skerit

I have seen many posts on here regarding the new drinks packages. (Seriously, how crappy can MSC's communication be? Is it that strange that people want to know what drinks they're going to get? They flat out refuse to share that information. Argh.)

So I'm going on a cruise to the fjords this week, and I finally have to decide which package to get. I'm thinking about getting the easy package, but if I'm deciphering all the conflicting posts correctly it won't include most of the drinks me and my friends enjoyed on our previous MSC cruises. Some of those are:

• Pina colada

• Strawberry Daiquiri

• Mai Tai

• Baileys (can you even get plain baileys anymore?)

• Mojito

I never really thought of those as "premium" drinks (well, not the frozen ones anyway, because they come out of a big machine...), but anyway.

So could anyone share the current drinks menu of the MSC Meraviglia in Europe (or any other European MSC cruise)?

I can tell you that Bailey's is definitely not included in the Easy package.  Someone posted a photo of exactly what's included in the Easy package only in the last few days.  I can't remember which thread, though, but there are many current drinks package threads that you could have a search through for it.  Here's the list that MSC provides:

• One brand of draught beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer
  • Selection of house wines by the glass
  • Selection of spirits and cocktails
  • Alcohol-free cocktails
  • Soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass
  • Bottled mineral water
  • Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)
  • Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)

Others have suggested that you order alcohol separately and add it to the alcohol-free cocktail of your choice.  (I'm referring to the cocktails that aren't included).  In fact, it's been reported that the barmen are actually prepared to do this for you.  It gets around the fact that cocktails containing alcohol are excluded.  Crazy, I know, but it does circumvent the issue.  You can choose to be annoyed about it or you can choose to laugh it off and enjoy your non-alcohol cocktail with an added shot - it's up to you.

I can understand that people aren't happy with the introduction of the new packages.  However, the price point for Premium, €39 for Euros cruises, is amazing value.  Compare it with what other companies charge!  Also, the fact that people have a choice of 4 packages (Non-alcoholic, Easy, Premium and PremiumPlus) to suit varying budgets and drinks requirements is also something that other cruise lines don't offer.

Edited by Beamafar

I've seen those other threads, but they're for American cruises. I'd just like to be sure.

If nobody posts it in time, I'll do so myself when I board the ship saturday 😉

We actually already thought about doing the "alcohol-free-cocktail-with-rum" thing. In fact, on a previous cruise, we already kind of did this with the regular cocktails (because some bartenders weren't very generous with the alcohol)

And I don't have anything against the new packages, I just want to know what I'm buying.

1 minute ago, skerit said:

And I don't have anything against the new packages, I just want to know what I'm buying.

That's a fair enough point!

I haven't seen any menus posted yet from European cruises with the new drinks prices indicated.  I'd welcome seeing the menus with the new prices.  I only have the old menus which would be of no use to you as some of the items may now be outside the price limit of €6 that the Easy package offers.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That's a fair enough point!

I haven't seen any menus posted yet from European cruises with the new drinks prices indicated.  I'd welcome seeing the menus with the new prices.  I only have the old menus which would be of no use to you as some of the items may now be outside the price limit of €6 that the Easy package offers.

I enclose few pics of buffet bar list and one page of Pool bar list ( don't have the other side...) I may also have pics of main dining room wine list ( which I liked a lot as we had the premium pack as a perk) 

EDIT: We cruised with Seaview 20 th -27 th April....

mscbufbarlist1.jpg

mscbufbarlist2.jpg

mscbufbarlist3.jpg

mscbufbarlist4.jpg

poolbarlist.jpg

Edited by CeleryCruiser
Added time and ship
  • Like 1

Thanks, CC.  We'll have the Prem+ package on our next cruises.  These will be very helpful for those on either the Easy or Premium packages;  they can see what drinks are included up to the price limits of €6 and €10, respectively.

The wines included on the Premium package are certainly a step-up from those included for Easy.  I see they've removed my favourite Cicogna Cabernet from the list (it was on the Deluxe package - though that was €50 pppd;  Premium is only €39 pppd, so it was only natural that some items that were in Deluxe won't be included in Premium).  Regale Rosso Toscana was always my second favourite and it's still there - so that's a plus for Premium.

• Like 1

Thanks, again!

I see Cigogna IS on the list!  👍  I had a look at the Prem+ wine list and didn't see it listed (photo posted on another thread);  this explains it!  Of course, the buffet bar list always has a more limited selection.  There was a time when the buffet bar didn't stock any of the wines included in Deluxe - only the ones that were included in the basic package.  In some areas, MSC has made progress lol. 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, CC.  We'll have the Prem+ package on our next cruises.  These will be very helpful for those on either the Easy or Premium packages;  they can see what drinks are included up to the price limits of €6 and €10, respectively.

The wines included on the Premium package are certainly a step-up from those included for Easy.  I see they've removed my favourite Cicogna Cabernet from the list (it was on the Deluxe package - though that was €50 pppd;  Premium is only €39 pppd, so it was only natural that some items that were in Deluxe won't be included in Premium).  Regale Rosso Toscana was always my second favourite and it's still there - so that's a plus for Premium.

Here is the current Wine list from the Seaview Yacht Club (Top Sail Lounge)

I think it has your favourite on it !862041716_BarMenuYachtClub2019.thumb.jpg.adfdb0b072b6443aba744127e9a685f5.jpg

• Thanks 1

It sure does, SS22.  Thanks!  We're in YC on Seaview in August;  we've upgraded to Prem+ so I'll be able to have an even more favourite wine (that was only included for Deluxe and YC in Butcher's Cut) and that's Robert Modavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  🤗 

When we were in YC on Splendida last year I asked the sommelier if it was included as I'd enjoyed a glass (or two!) in Butcher's Cut.  He told me it wasn't, but that he had a 'private supply' and very kindly gave me a glass each evening at dinner.  Apparently it could be purchased 'by the glass' but he didn't want to charge me.  😀

• Like 1

My favourite was the Bordeaux which matched perfectly with lamb.  I also liked Regale Rosso with some pasta. The french rose was perfect with seafood. Also the Torti - prosecco was one of the best which I have ever tasted.

I wish that the service would have better, then this cruise experience would have been overall an enjoyable one but......

Sorry to hear that your cruise was less than enjoyable, CC.  Service can be hit and miss - especially in the MDRs at times.  We've had the range from excellent to poor over the years.  We keep sailing with MSC as we think it's a great value product, overall.

As long as we can still find good prices, we'll continue to sail with MSC.  We've managed to get great discounts on the latter 2 of our next 3 bookings.  For our upcoming cruise (in August) we looked at NCL, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean for the dates we wanted and Seaview YC won out!

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

..we've upgraded to Prem+ so I'll be able to have an even more favourite wine (that was only included for Deluxe and YC in Butcher's Cut) and that's Robert Modavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  🤗 

MSC is a bit cheeky with their wine lists. I really enjoyed that Mondavi Cab on Seaside in February through the 'old' Deluxe package. After the cruise, in Florida, I was able to buy the same wine for US$8 a bottle. 🍷

4 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

MSC is a bit cheeky with their wine lists. I really enjoyed that Mondavi Cab on Seaside in February through the 'old' Deluxe package. After the cruise, in Florida, I was able to buy the same wine for US$8 a bottle. 🍷

I had a look at the wine list from our Armonia cruise in January as I didn't remember seeing it as available. It's listed @ $8.25 per glass which explains why I didn't order it - I was drinking Oberon Cab @ $14 a glass lol (which was also included in Deluxe).

Of course, the range of drinks included in the old Deluxe is more limited for Euros sailings which was why Mondavi wasn't included for our sailing last year.

8 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

According to my experience Celebrity is doing the same: buying relatively inexpensive wines and branding them as" upper shelve stuff". So anything new under the sun. Anyway, I was more than delighted MSC wine selection as I like more European style wines. 

On 5/13/2019 at 5:46 AM, skerit said:

I have seen many posts on here regarding the new drinks packages. (Seriously, how crappy can MSC's communication be? Is it that strange that people want to know what drinks they're going to get? They flat out refuse to share that information. Argh.)

So I'm going on a cruise to the fjords this week, and I finally have to decide which package to get. I'm thinking about getting the easy package, but if I'm deciphering all the conflicting posts correctly it won't include most of the drinks me and my friends enjoyed on our previous MSC cruises. Some of those are:

• Pina colada

• Strawberry Daiquiri

• Mai Tai

• Baileys (can you even get plain baileys anymore?)

• Mojito

I never really thought of those as "premium" drinks (well, not the frozen ones anyway, because they come out of a big machine...), but anyway.

So could anyone share the current drinks menu of the MSC Meraviglia in Europe (or any other European MSC cruise)?

First, enjoy your cruise! We've sailed the fjords (not on MSC) and thought they were amazing. 😉 We were on the Meraviglia in the Med in March. The Aurea easy package included all drinks under 6euro. It was a very limited selection. The premium included drinks under 10euro and Premium plus included everything on the menu and in your minibar. I wish I had taken a photo of the menu...I'm know if you do it, so many future cruisers will appreciate it. Happy sailing! 

3 minutes ago, CelebrationFamily said:

I wish I had taken a photo of the menu...I'm know if you do it, so many future cruisers will appreciate it. Happy sailing! 

There's photos of the Euros bar menu in post #5 on this thread, very kindly supplied by CeleryCruiser.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CelebrationFamily said:

Oops...That's what I get for looking at cruise critic on my relatively small phone and not reading ALL of the replies carefully. Thanks! 😉 

I find it almost impossible to follow threads on my phone - especially in the app.  It's so much easier on the website and on a laptop, that's for sure!  😉

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:51 PM, Beamafar said:

Sorry to hear that your cruise was less than enjoyable, CC.  Service can be hit and miss - especially in the MDRs at times.  We've had the range from excellent to poor over the years.  We keep sailing with MSC as we think it's a great value product, overall.

As long as we can still find good prices, we'll continue to sail with MSC.  We've managed to get great discounts on the latter 2 of our next 3 bookings.  For our upcoming cruise (in August) we looked at NCL, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean for the dates we wanted and Seaview YC won out!

Yes, Bea, they have a nice product indeed!... Even though their prices have risen up lately... On the other hand, or is it only me here, or they are coming back to reality at least for cruises out of the Mediterranean prime season (July and August)!... It is a question of searching and finding each day for what becomes ready day after day.

Regarding the drinks packages I am more on the likes of the simplification that the competitors are doing currently... But indeed: To each, its own, really!... MSC has lots of packages, on lots of regions!... With their lovely ships they would to be unstoppable if they happen to think little bit more globally than they think... Indeed, for me as far as they remain what they are now at the right price... I would be more than happy to cruise with them!... Have a nice day!...

• Like 1