Shuttle from AJ Dock in Juneau

marden1970

Hi,  We'll  be in Juneau on 6/19/19 on the Grand Princess.  From what I can see it seems we will be at AJ Dock, the furthest from downtown.  One site said it was a mile, which is too far for my DH to walk.  I read that there was a shuttle from ship to downtown for $5 all day,  does anyone know if that is still available?  Thanks.

Go to the excursion desk on the first sea day and buy the bus transfer before hand to beat the big rush. I think it was $8 or $10 to ride the bus all day. It goes to the large parking lot at the base of the Mt. Douglas Tram. It's kind of funny to watch the cheapsters walk from the ship to town and back, it's a long walk.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, marden1970 said:

Hi,  We'll  be in Juneau on 6/19/19 on the Grand Princess.  From what I can see it seems we will be at AJ Dock, the furthest from downtown.  One site said it was a mile, which is too far for my DH to walk.  I read that there was a shuttle from ship to downtown for $5 all day,  does anyone know if that is still available?  Thanks.

Solstice used AJ dock last week.   We paid $5 per person R/T for a 2 minute shuttle ride.  You don't get a ticket or anything.  You just pay and get in line to board the bus. Someone asked about the return trip and was told you just hop on the bus to take you back to AJ dock.  I did notice when we got back that the booth collecting the money was closed so if you head out later in the afternoon, it's free.

Surely the AJ Dock is cheaper for cruiselines to use than those closer to town.  Perhaps the cruise line using that dock should pick up the cost?  I agree though, paying for the shuttle with everything else they are charging for these days will not sit well with me.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, Eaglecw said:

Go to the excursion desk on the first sea day and buy the bus transfer before hand to beat the big rush. I think it was $8 or $10 to ride the bus all day. It goes to the large parking lot at the base of the Mt. Douglas Tram. It's kind of funny to watch the cheapsters walk from the ship to town and back, it's a long walk.

We always walk, unless it's raining heavily.  You see more when you walk, and we enjoy the exercise.  For the mobility impaired, I agree  that the shuttle would be the best option.