Just off the Magic 8 day, Any Questions?

thesmiths

9 hours ago, luv2cruise391 said:

OK, I had the same question about the golf cart rentals in Grand Turk,. Excuse me, I guess I am dumb, but what is Wet Money? Is that the name of the company you booked with? Do you recommend any tours that snorkel the 7000 foot wall in GRand turk or close to it? 

Thanks in advance! 

Wet Money is The Golf cart rental company I have used in the past.

Look Up Shore Excursions Group and plug in the Ship Sail dates etc.

They have one.

12 hours ago, spyingeyes said:

Do you remember what the playlist production shows were? We will be on the Magic again in January and are really hoping some of the shows have been updated. Thanks!

Keys The Rock n Roll Piano Show

Country Roads

Flick

America Rocks

15 hours ago, jandlcruise said:

We are on the Magic with the same Itinerary in April 2020, what excursions did you do at each port? Also-any must do or see on the ship? Favorite meal?

We did the Steak House and the Italian Restaurant and like them both.

Steak House was my favorite. Filet I had..

Pig & Anchor plus the Burgers are always a go too.

Blue Iguana Wraps are good.

They make them for breakfast as well!

I ate breakfast from the omlette station every morning.

Loved Mary at that station.

We like the Pizza as well.

I don't think I passed the Ice Cream station without getting a bowl or cone no matter at time of day.

Paying for all the above now...salads all this week,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

How as Grand Turk like with that bigger ship? I've been, but on the Sunshine, so were there beach chairs still available?

We were off the ship early and rented a Golf cart (3),  Cruised to the Light House. Plus some other stops on the way back.

We got to Jacks around 11:30ish and they still had chairs for us (7).

Chairs were free, Umbrella's were $10.00.

Returned the carts, we then went to Margaritaville around 3ish, sat around the Pool bar area and there were seats.

3 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

how was muster?  is the Magic doing it inside at theater/large areas or outside on deck? 

ive been dancing with other cruise lines past few years, but just booked Magic yesterday....

We were 7 Aft and went down to a Dining Room on 3.

Yay!  Doing the same itinerary in 18 days!  We have a different CD--Simon London?!?  Anyone sailed with him before?

We have a party of 8 doing anytime dining as well.  Any issues or long waits to get a table?  Do they use the Northern Lights dining room?  

Lastly, (for now--lol) we dock early in San Juan.  Was anything open?  I've read that Old San Juan stores and restaurants may not open until 9:00am-10:00am?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Momma1980 said:

Hello!  Wondering if you visited the Spa at all?

We did not, only walked though one day to go up to Serenity.

1 hour ago, MsSWhite said:

Yay!  Doing the same itinerary in 18 days!  We have a different CD--Simon London?!?  Anyone sailed with him before?

We have a party of 8 doing anytime dining as well.  Any issues or long waits to get a table?  Do they use the Northern Lights dining room?  

Lastly, (for now--lol) we dock early in San Juan.  Was anything open?  I've read that Old San Juan stores and restaurants may not open until 9:00am-10:00am?

Thanks in advance!

We did Anytime for 7 people around 6:30ish and the most we had to wait was 10 minutes.

It was Northern Lights. We only ate there 3 nights ( the last 3).

San Juan

It was pretty quiet early, We Ubered up the hill $4.00 ( had my parents with us) and worked our way down.

I would not rush to get off the ship.

I found a Greek restaurant open and we killed some time there with a Gyro 🙂.

Walgreens is right across form the Port Area if you need anything as well.

Edited by thesmiths

4 minutes ago, dotscool said:

Hi!

Thanks for all the info, really appreciate all the posts.

Did you have an 80's Party and a Hot White Party? If so, which nights were they?

Monday was  Mega deck Party

Friday was 80's Rock N Glow Party

3 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

Thank you for all the info !

Go Eagles!

Season Ticket holder since 80!

Your Welcome All!

If I can help someone with their planning I am happy to do so, I know how much effort and research I do prior to a cruise.

Edited by thesmiths

4 hours ago, MsSWhite said:

Thanks in advance!

We docked at 7 am in San Juan and we had breakfast and coffee at Chocobar Cortez at 8 am. We passed by a few other cafes that were open then. OSJ is a beautiful place to walk around in. If you want to go to the forts you could grab a coffee and walk there—by the time you get there they would probably be open. If you go to El Morro and it isn’t open yet you could wander around in the cemetery for a while. 

• Like 1