ms Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 27, 2019

Scrapnana

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Hoboken.

Roy

You've got it Roy! Great job! HAL as de Nederlandsche Amerikaansche Stoomvaart Maatschappij (NASM) or Netherlands American Steamship Company began operations at Hoboken, N.J. in 1882. They stayed there until 1963 when they switched to the company's new terminal at Pier 40

HAL Hoboken, NJ Pier 1905.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Actually, it's only QM2 that docks in Red Hook (plus some Princess).  I'm pretty sure QE and QV dock in Manhattan.  I wonder where the Pinnacles or Cunard's coming Pinnacle would dock.

Roy

I've been in NYC twice on QE and we docked in Manhattan both times.

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Will one of the port agents be doing a quick shuffle to meet Nieuw Amsterdam?

Roy

There will be another pa, I'm thinking Drew, to handle Nieuw A. The female, Jerralyn, is assisting Ryan with E-dam

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

There will be another pa, I'm thinking Drew, to handle Nieuw A. The female, Jerralyn, is assisting Ryan with E-dam

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

You continually amase me with your knowledge.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Copper John:  Is positioning the ship for docking part of the job of a Port Agent for all ports?

Negative; it's usually the ship's security officer doing it from the interior of the opened gangway shell door :classic_wink: but in ports like San Diego, Seattle, etc., the SECO coordinates with, usually a port authority person, who is in radio contact with the bridge as we saw today in Juneau. In Alaska, it seems to have become part of the port agent duties for quite a while. There is a real nice gent in Ketchikan by the nick name of "Coach" who does it there

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Negative; it's usually the ship's security officer doing it from the interior of the opened gangway shell door :classic_wink: but in ports like San Diego, Seattle, etc., the SECO coordinates with, usually a port authority person, who is in radio contact with the bridge as we saw today in Juneau. In Alaska, it seems to have become part of the port agent duties for quite a while. There is a real nice gent in Ketchikan by the nick name of "Coach" who does it there

Ketchikan Port Agent Bob, aka "Coach," doing his job in the rain

No photo description available.

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Ketchikan Port Agent Bob, aka "Coach," doing his job in the rain

No photo description available.

It was sunny there this morning.  However it does rain in Ketchikan.  They call it "Liquid Sunshine."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scrapnana said:

Be sure to wave to us!  I hope you have as nice weather as today's.

I will be at the back of the promenade deck watching them throw lines.  I will wave.  Hope you see me@

• Like 1