Laundry

Colgal

5 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

Les

You will get free laundry for the whole cruise

Whoop whoop !

Thank you for the confirmation.... Means we'll get away with 2 suitcases each now! 🤣

I kid... Though that's exactly we had for 10 days on the Med. We've cut back to 3 since..... Hoping for just 2 this time for 15 days... Should be doable. I'll seek JPs help for advice! 

• Like 1

Cheers everyone. I had to email to confirm something on a booking so took the oppertunity to ask my SS agent.

He said technically I'm not entitled until the milestone is reached, but if I contact nearer sailing date, we'll see what we can do. A bit confusing. It sounded like a yes...... maybe! 

Since the 100 comes on the final day of a 15 day sailing, thats pretty significant and now with this info, disapointed if it didn't happen. It obviously has been the case... so fingers crossed nothing gets changed.

15 hours ago, les37b said:

Cheers everyone. I had to email to confirm something on a booking so took the oppertunity to ask my SS agent.

He said technically I'm not entitled until the milestone is reached, but if I contact nearer sailing date, we'll see what we can do. A bit confusing. It sounded like a yes...... maybe! 

Since the 100 comes on the final day of a 15 day sailing, thats pretty significant and now with this info, disapointed if it didn't happen. It obviously has been the case... so fingers crossed nothing gets changed.

Your agent is either ill-informed  or is trying to look like a hero when he "arranges" to have the ship provide the service anyway.  Don't worry, free laundry always commences at the beginning of the voyage in which you hit 100 days.  This is what my Silversea agent told me and this is what happened on our Wind voyage this past March/April.

2 minutes ago, nfcu said:

Your agent is either ill-informed  or is trying to look like a hero when he "arranges" to have the ship provide the service anyway.  Don't worry, free laundry always commences at the beginning of the voyage in which you hit 100 days.  This is what my Silversea agent told me and this is what happened on our Wind voyage this past March/April.

You are probably correct... I’m just saying what I was told when I asked.

which sailing were you on? I was on the Wind at the end of March too!

6 minutes ago, les37b said:

You are probably correct... I’m just saying what I was told when I asked.

which sailing were you on? I was on the Wind at the end of March too!

It was the 11 day Caribbean voyage right before the trans-Atlantic.  Just like you,  we officially hit the 100 day point near the end of the voyage, but that did not matter.  You will also receive your 100 day certificate presented by the captain at the Venetian Night reception on the first sea day.

2 minutes ago, nfcu said:

It was the 11 day Caribbean voyage right before the trans-Atlantic.  Just like you,  we officially hit the 100 day point near the end of the voyage, but that did not matter.  You will also receive your 100 day certificate presented by the captain at the Venetian Night reception on the first sea day.

Ah ok... we were on the same. I must admit we didn’t attend the Venetian night, or I may have been able to put a face to your username! I need to get round to posting some video from the cruise! (Famous last words!)

I wonder if the bunnies had free laundry to freshen those ears! lol

3 minutes ago, les37b said:

Ah ok... we were on the same. I must admit we didn’t attend the Venetian night, or I may have been able to put a face to your username! I need to get round to posting some video from the cruise! (Famous last words!)

I wonder if the bunnies had free laundry to freshen those ears! lol

I know what you are referring to with mentioning the "bunnies".  Two middle aged sisters who appeared starved for attention.  Cute the first day, but for the whole eleven days?  

5 minutes ago, nfcu said:

I know what you are referring to with mentioning the "bunnies".  Two middle aged sisters who appeared starved for attention.  Cute the first day, but for the whole eleven days?  

Haha... you got it. We sailed on Good Friday so thought it was quite apt then even if a little odd to be in the muster standing next to some bunnies! Thinking back, I do think it’s probably going to be remembered as the bunny cruise! Not in a bad way... just something I’ll probably not forget.

• 8 months later...

Looks like laundry services remain the same price as posted by EagleTravelerBC in June, 2019.

LAUNDRY

Uses a lot of water and common detergents, combined with mechanical agitation action, to clean clothing.

2098768844_LaundryServices2020-01Laundry.thumb.jpg.75f44fd0c92e6913b7125a96427c86be.jpg

WET CLEANING

Not to be confused with "Laundry", wet cleaning uses a minimal amount of water and no harsh chemicals or solvents to clean clothing.  Today, it is considered a better alternative for most 'dry clean only' garments since it offers superior cleaning results than dry cleaning without the impact of harsh chemical or solvents.

453582199_LaundryServices2020-01WetCleaning.thumb.jpg.3bd4e63ac1c0816b723d5e37aab4d7f3.jpg

PRESSING

1654514996_LaundryServices2020-01Pressing.thumb.jpg.a98a3f393d17f627896759790680c9da.jpg