When do we find out cabin number with guarantee cabin?

joteacher

Hi folks!

I just booked a last minute cruise to Cuba on the Sun. I booked yesterday, and it leaves on June 10th. Needless to say I could only get a GTY cabin. Can anyone give me any guidance as to when I might receive a cabin assignment? Will we know before we leave? I'm very excited, but nervous as I've never done a GTY before...I always know exactly where we'll be on the ship!

Thanks for your help.

~Joanne

Due to price drop, I moved from mid-ship balcony to mid-ship mini suite GTY on this past Sunday.  My cruise fare was paid in full.  I changed and got all 5 offers plus free air for current Memorial Day Promotion.  On Monday, the cabin was assigned at a higher mini-suite category.  So I got my cabin assignment in about 24 hours, which was shown on myNCL account.  I sail in October.

Edited by 2tnts

17 hours ago, joteacher said:

Hi folks!

I just booked a last minute cruise to Cuba on the Sun. I booked yesterday, and it leaves on June 10th. Needless to say I could only get a GTY cabin. Can anyone give me any guidance as to when I might receive a cabin assignment? Will we know before we leave? I'm very excited, but nervous as I've never done a GTY before...I always know exactly where we'll be on the ship!

Thanks for your help.

~Joanne

w have gotten them within a few minutes of booking or as late as sailing day. 

What I noticed is that they don't send you an email telling you that your cabin has been assigned.  I did a balcony guarantee on the Epic TA in April and I looked almost every day on my NCL account to see if it had been assigned.  Only took a few days but when I saw what cabin it was I was so mad that I upgraded to another one.  They gave me one of those "enclosed" balconies which I really don't consider it to be a balcony as it looks like it has a big picture window surrounded by metal. Ugh!!   My upgraded cabin on deck 8 turned out to be right below the lifeboats so there went the view of the water.  So I changed cabins again to a higher deck but then I noticed that the mini suite was less than what I paid for my balcony so I got to upgrade for free.  However that was a guarantee cabin as well and it took almost a week to get that cabin number.  However, third time was the charm as my mini suite was in an excellent location and I loved the cabin.