How many ships at Labadee?

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Since Coco Cay is the new "theme park of the month" port of call.... I am guessing the visits to Labadee are not as frequent.  

I'm curious if Royal will build out Labadee like they have done to Coco Cay, or eventually abandon it.  I'm getting the feeling like Royal is not high on Labadee at present.

• Like 2

Our last visit to Labadee was several years ago with Celebrity.  Cruise Director said that RCCL was talking to the Haitian government about building a dedicated road from Labadee to an inland fortress.  If they followed through, I think that would be a very big investment and reluctant to abandon.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm curious if Royal will build out Labadee like they have done to Coco Cay, or eventually abandon it.  I'm getting the feeling like Royal is not high on Labadee at present.

Bucky and I just had that conversation.  We were thinking along the same thing...just too many problems there with the Haitian government.  😮 

23 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Our last visit to Labadee was several years ago with Celebrity.  Cruise Director said that RCCL was talking to the Haitian government about building a dedicated road from Labadee to an inland fortress.  If they followed through, I think that would be a very big investment and reluctant to abandon.

To an inland fortress??? For what purpose?

On 5/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Host Clarea said:

I think they will invest in Labadee after Coco Cay is finished. They have learned that there is a ton of money that can be made from these private islands and custom-engineered ports.