Table for 2 for Allure MTD

When we originally booked our cruise we were given early traditional dining and waitlisted for MTD.  During the booking process (made with RCI directly with a telephone agent) we expressed our preference for a table for 2, which the agent said he would note but was not guaranteed.  About a week later our MTD request was cleared and I made the reservations on the cruise planner for each night.  I didn't see anyplace for a table preference, only a time.  Is there any way to put in a request for a table for 2 in advance or is that something I will just have to do once we get to the head of the line in the MDR?  The DW and I are social during the day but we prefer a quiet dinner for two in the evening.  Thanks! 🙂

Agree with KILLTHEUMP tables for two are just as close as sitting at a large table.  But, you can ask for a table for two along the balcony edge. Might be around 20 to 25 tables on deck 5 and 6, as long as they don't use deck 3 for MTD. . Great place to sit as no one is ever next to you and a good view. . Make the dining room your first stop after boarding to ask for things.  Check out the Allure dinning room on youtube. 

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Agree with KILLTHEUMP tables for two are just as close as sitting at a large table.  

A bit exaggerated, but you are close to the next table. That being said, you eat at your own pace at your own table. You can tell your waiter if you need to be out quickly for a show.

My wife and I always request a table for two not directly beside another table. They always honor our request. 

Speaking of the Allure Dining Room on YouTube, here is a video I did in 2011...

Edited by Artemus

We hate MTD  did t once and were that close to a large man next to me than my wife across the table awkward ! they did not talk to each other and were listening to us . 

26 minutes ago, Artemus said:

My wife and I always request a table for two not directly beside another table. They always honor our request. 

Speaking of the Allure Dining Room on YouTube, here is a video I did in 2011...

Looks like deck 3. Also looks like no shorts, baseball caps, or T"S.  Absolutely hate MTD as well as American Icon Grill. Last cruise we had 9 specialty dining nights. Picked MTD because I thought it would be overly rude to miss that many nights at a large table with traditional dining.   We were on Symphony and had a balcony edge table for two on 4 nights on deck 4 ,  it worked out well. happy cruising

• Like 1