Who does charter flights Cunard

teabear

We are booked on a cruise leaving from Hamburg and have flights included however Cunard wont or cant tell us which airport we will fly from in London and who the carrier or flight is - we are trying to meet up with friends in Hamburg before we have to check in for the cruise so its really frustrating that they dont arrange the flights until one practically is leaving.

Can anyone give me some idea of how this has been arranged on past cruises?   Thank you

We did this in reverse, ie. LHR to HAM. 

Cunard gave us a Eurowings flight from LHR.  I presume they would do the same from HAM.

I also have done this trip when I arranged my own flights with frequent flyer miles and used BA as they had a direct HAM to LHR flight.

Cunard are always pretty good at getting flights sorted for me. I usually call them after booking.

I've never actually had a charter flight - always been on scheduled ones. Flown LHR to Hamburg a couple of times to meet ships, once on Eurowings, once on BA.

Give their flight department a call. My money would be that it'd most likely be Heathrow and BA though.

I would agree with above... If its LON to HAM, it will most likely be BA from LHR. 

Over my years of commercial aviation, I have flown lots of Cunard passengers, the vast majority on commercial flights, not chartered. I only did a couple of charters to Venice years ago for either the Victoria or Elizabeth when she was doing a Med season. 

15 hours ago, T5LHR said:

I would agree with above... If its LON to HAM, it will most likely be BA from LHR. 

Over my years of commercial aviation, I have flown lots of Cunard passengers, the vast majority on commercial flights, not chartered. I only did a couple of charters to Venice years ago for either the Victoria or Elizabeth when she was doing a Med season. 

I travelled on QM2 on a mini cruise that finished in Hamburg in May 2018. I booked the flight at the time of booking and was travelling on a discounted early saver fare with a promo code applied too. The flight home was on British Airways to Heathrow. If you have BA/OneWorld status, you will still have access to the third party lounge at HAM (which is ok but not worth getting to the airport particularly early for!) and book your own seats in advance for free as usual. 

My flight home was cancelled and rebooking was a challenge, but that’s a different story! 

I hope that helps. 

Thank you everyone - I called again and a very kind young lady did some checking and came back to me with what I needed - sometimes its just luck when you hit a truly customer focussed individual.

Arrangements in place and so looking forward to it 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teabear said:

Thank you everyone - I called again and a very kind young lady did some checking and came back to me with what I needed - sometimes its just luck when you hit a truly customer focussed individual.

Arrangements in place and so looking forward to it 

I’m very happy you finally received an answer and from a pleasant person, as well! But please don’t leave us hanging. Which airport? 

Edited by Tonopah