Navigator to Freedom staff

LynnAB

Hi, Everyone,

I'm hoping recent cruisers might have more info on this than I do.

I know Ken Rush (CD) and Cindy (Loyalty Ambassador), and I've read Francois (Concierge) are moving over from the Navigator to the Freedom.

I've been on the NOS twice and absolutely LOVE that ship and will be going on the FOS on June 25th.

Does anyone know of any other definite changes or pretty definite changes of staff going from Navigator to Freedom? I'm veryyyyyyyyyyyyy anxious to find out if any other favorite people of ours are going to be on the Freedom.

By the way, Tj, if you're reading this, I sure wish you and Captain Bang could be on the Freedom ... even as cruises vacationing <g>. We'd LOVE to see you both again.

Lynn from South Florida

Francoise himself told me he would be going to the Freedom. Cindy was not sure if she wanted to go back in Sept. when I spoke with her several times. She liked the NOS's eastern/western itinerary better than FOS's same itinerary every week, but she did say RCI was pushing pretty hard for her to go. Chief purser, Michelle McGregor, on NOS told me she would be going to Freedom. She and Francoise both indicated they were going to be setting up their areas of responsibility on FOS either mid-Feb. or very early March. Must be a lot to do! Also, there will be 2 concierge lounges on FOS.

I've been in touch with someone from the Radiance who is moving over to the Freedom. Initially, he was coming back from vacation early March and going back on Radiance until April. Now he is going directly to Findland when his vacation ends. Sounds like they are really committed to getting that ship ready to sail across the Atlantic in May!

Can hardly wait!

Tracy

We loved our waiter and assistant, Noel and Varkey! Noel has been on the Navigator for several years, and I believe 2005 was Varkey's first year. They were FABULOUS! I sure would like to know if they're going to the Freedom. IF anyone know about either/both of them, I sure would like to hear.

The anticipation is sooooooooooooo exciting.

Lynn

Since there will be two concierge lounges on the FOS, will there be different concierges in each one? Will people be assigned to a specific lounge or can both be used? The lounge on the NOS was VERY crowded much of the time in the evening.

The Loyalty Ambassador last week on the NOS was Colleen.

This is a little off topic, but I thought some of you with "friends" on the ships would be interested...

RCI is shaking up the shipboard crews. In the past, the crew could request to return to the same ship time and time again. Now, under the new policy, the maximum number of times a crew member can return to the same ship is 3 contracts. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule but in general, crew will be moved every 2 contracts on average.

This is a little off topic, but I thought some of you with "friends" on the ships would be interested...

RCI is shaking up the shipboard crews. In the past, the crew could request to return to the same ship time and time again. Now, under the new policy, the maximum number of times a crew member can return to the same ship is 3 contracts. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule but in general, crew will be moved every 2 contracts on average.

Huum..that may back fire...I can see where they are coming from...And it lets everyone get a chance on some of the "nicer" ships..But it also seems like it may cause some "lack of loyalty" to any one ship...

I mean we love the staff on Rhapsody,and have seen many friends over the years...And they love working on the her,and sailing with us WONderful Texans..

Might not be the same dedication as before!

One lounge will be for Diamond members, the other for suites passengers...

That sounds like a good idea to have it split that way! Will a different staff member be responsible then for each of the lounges and the passengers assigned to it? Will the same amenities be offered in each lounge?

Last year we were on the Navigator and 2 of our favorite bartenders expressed an interest in going on the Freedom. Yo Adrian from Boleros and Ali at Two Poets. Has anyone heard if they got the new assignments? They are alot of fun.

In the past, the crew could request to return to the same ship time and time again. Now, under the new policy, the maximum number of times a crew member can return to the same ship is 3 contracts. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule but in general, crew will be moved every 2 contracts on average.

Oh pooh, that means I'll be extra busy trying to keep the Current Captains thread, well, current.

Last year we were on the Navigator and 2 of our favorite bartenders expressed an interest in going on the Freedom. Yo Adrian from Boleros and Ali at Two Poets. Has anyone heard if they got the new assignments? They are alot of fun.

Adrian is the best, ive tried emailing him a few times to see if he is going to be on our 4/22 NOS cruise but he hasnt responded to any of th emails yet. If he ever gets back to me i'll let you know what i find out.

• 1 month later...
Was on the Navigator 18th February Adrian is now in the Wine Bar and he told us that he is going to the Freedom. That is if it is the same Adrian from Goa.

The Adrienne I am talking about was the main bartender at Bolero's, he's philipino. He's one of the very few people that never rotate. He told me he has been the bartender at Bolero's since it opened on the NOS. The only time he moves is when he's opening a new ship or training others.

Weez, I Tried Emailing Adrianne Also. He Hasn't Responded To Mine Either. Guess He's Busy Entertaining And Making Everyone Laugh. Although, I Read On Another Post That He Is Going To Freedom. I Was Hoping To See Him & Armando Again Next November When We Will Be On Navigator Again.

Weez, I Tried Emailing Adrianne Also. He Hasn't Responded To Mine Either. Guess He's Busy Entertaining And Making Everyone Laugh. Although, I Read On Another Post That He Is Going To Freedom. I Was Hoping To See Him & Armando Again Next November When We Will Be On Navigator Again.

Im on NOS 4/22 Im hoping to catch him before he leaves. My FIL will be extremely disappointed if we miss him.

Archived