Does Ventura have a pay restaurant that is free for breakfast and lunch?

Barnum42

When on Oceana, we were pleasantly surprised that the Cafe Jardin restaurant, which is one of those that comes at an extra price, serves free breakfast and lunch. This proved handy if you did not want to face the buffet scrum or wanted something light.

I can't see any equivalent on Ventura (unless you are in a "top suite" in which case you can have breakfast in the White Room)

8 minutes ago, Barnum42 said:

When on Oceana, we were pleasantly surprised that the Cafe Jardin restaurant, which is one of those that comes at an extra price, serves free breakfast and lunch. This proved handy if you did not want to face the buffet scrum or wanted something light.

I can't see any equivalent on Ventura (unless you are in a "top suite" in which case you can have breakfast in the White Room)

Sorry if I misunderstood you but the MDR Serves breakfast and lunch so no need to use buffet.

I'm not aware of one on Ventura (though that doesn't mean one doesn't exist).

The White Room is now The Epicurean, and it's available to anyone in full suites. A wonderful venue for breakfast, particularly outside on deck on a sunny morning, and one of the best reasons for booking a suite.

31 minutes ago, Barnum42 said:

No it’s a one off on Oceana. Cafe Bordeaux used to do it on Aurora but this has gone. Best bet is the MDR 

21 minutes ago, P-L-B said:

Sorry if I misunderstood you but the MDR Serves breakfast and lunch so no need to use buffet.

Maybe I should have added as an alternative also to MDR. Cafe Jardin had a nice lighter alternative to MDR and opened longer hours

3 minutes ago, daiB said:

No it’s a one off on Oceana. Cafe Bordeaux used to do it on Aurora but this has gone. Best bet is the MDR 

That's a shame, it's one of the little things on Oceana that particularly endeared that ship to us

14 hours ago, Barnum42 said:

That's a shame, it's one of the little things on Oceana that particularly endeared that ship to us

Yes I loved that on Oceana, had a nice lunch and breakfast on a sea day there with good views over the lovely atrium. Unfortunately don't know if we'll get on her again as we don't "do" fly cruises.

You are correct, nothing similar on Ventura.

I loved Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch but couldn't say I liked the evening extra charge meals although I used it a lot.

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I loved that on Oceana, had a nice lunch and breakfast on a sea day there with good views over the lovely atrium. Unfortunately don't know if we'll get on her again as we don't "do" fly cruises.

Given the option of driving to Southampton and getting straight on board or, getting to the airport at 2 in the am and go through the pain of the airport and being cramped up in the fetal position for some hours, it's not much of a debate. Doubly so now that they have double the fine for going from a local airport from £50 each to £100 each. I asked P&O if the increase was courtesy of Thomas Cook Airlines or P&O. They dodged the question, which I think is all the answer we need.

We were fortunate to go on Oceana's re positioning cruise last year at Easter from Southampton to Malta, so only had to endure the flight on the way home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

I loved Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch but couldn't say I liked the evening extra charge meals although I used it a lot.

We're skinflints so never went in the evening. But we really liked the ambience for breakfast and the lighter choices. I love a good fry up, but also like some variety.