Getting married on the Epic

TheGinBoy

Hi guys!

Thrilled to have been proposed to by my partner Jimmy recently. We've always wanted a wedding at sea and have some incredible memories from our time on Epic in 2018 - so when we heard she was sailing from Barcelona in 2021 we were sold.

We put down our deposit with the wedding planner today and should be getting the planning pack in the coming weeks.

Has anyone had/been to a wedding on the Epic? Do you know what the venues you're able to choose from are? Although we love the Epic we're aware that a lot of venues have no sea-view and that's a large part of having the wedding *at sea*. 

Thank you in advance for any info / advice you're able to give!

Tom & Jimmy

1 hour ago, TheGinBoy said:

Hi guys!

Thrilled to have been proposed to by my partner Jimmy recently. We've always wanted a wedding at sea and have some incredible memories from our time on Epic in 2018 - so when we heard she was sailing from Barcelona in 2021 we were sold.

We put down our deposit with the wedding planner today and should be getting the planning pack in the coming weeks.

Has anyone had/been to a wedding on the Epic? Do you know what the venues you're able to choose from are? Although we love the Epic we're aware that a lot of venues have no sea-view and that's a large part of having the wedding *at sea*. 

Tom & Jimmy

Hi Tom & Jimmy,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.  The Epic is our favorite NCL ship.  We actually had our vows renewed in 2010 during its inaugural season.  The ceremony was performed by the Captain in the bridge viewing area.  I think you now may have to book the ceremony through  the Special Occasions department.  We were blessed by being the first couple to have vows exchanged on board!  Enjoy yourselves....................Cheers 

Hi guys!

Tom & Jimmy

Congrats! My husband and I got married on the Gem 11 years ago and it was so nice. I don’t know what venues are available on the Epic, but it at least partly depends on how many people will be in and at your wedding. The larger venues will not be used for a smaller party. Another thing to consider is that you get married while still in the port. So for us, being in NY there was not much of an actual sea view anyway. We had our ceremony in the chapel and out reception in Cagney’s which had a wall of windows overlooking the pool deck. So yes you could see the water but not an actual ocean view of course. No matter where you end up being wed, You will have a great wedding and much happiness to you. 

Thanks both for your replies!

Bridge viewing area could be cool 🙂 

We're all booked through Royal Celebrations (NCL's outsourced weddings company) - and it's happening at 3pm on our day at sea which is nice. No land for miles. Super excited.

Now to just pay for the damned thing 😂

• Like 2

Thanks both for your replies!

Bridge viewing area could be cool 🙂 

We're all booked through Royal Celebrations (NCL's outsourced weddings company) - and it's happening at 3pm on our day at sea which is nice. No land for miles. Super excited.

Now to just pay for the damned thing 😂

I believe this is a same sex wedding?  I would double check with NCL about this, since their Captains are licensed in the Bahamas, and that nation gives them the legal right to perform weddings.  However, the Maritime Marriage Law of 2011 explicitly states that same sex marriages are not legal.  Would hate to have your hopes dashed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheGinBoy said:

so when we heard she was sailing from Barcelona in 2021 we were sold

Congratulations!  But in 2021?!  Man oh man are you patient; I hope the extra time gives everyone who loves you a chance to literally get on board to celebrate with you both.  Blessings.

🤵♥️🤵

On 6/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, TPgal said:

Congratulations!  But in 2021?!  Man oh man are you patient; I hope the extra time gives everyone who loves you a chance to literally get on board to celebrate with you both.  Blessings.

🤵♥️🤵

Hah, I know right? 

Yeah the two-year period is to enable our guests to save up to come with us. Hoping they all can!