NCL Hotels in Miami

HodgeNNicole

We are sailing on the Breakaway May 2020.  Debating the reduced airfare NCL is offering.  We are coming from the West Coast so we would be coming in the day before embarkation.  I was told our choices are to book a hotel with NCL and then the airfare will be booked the day prior or book our own hotel and pay $25 per person for the deviation and they will fly us in the day prior.  

My question is does anyone know the hotel options that NCL uses in Miami.  Also any experience with the reduced airfare program?  We are traveling with our 5 year old so arriving super late the night before or a 5 hour layover on our way to Miami would not be very good for either son or daddy...  Any experience or comments are welcome.

I used the air deviation for $25, they never offered to book a hotel for me.  I have a 13yo daughter and 15yo son, so I would need a room that can fit everyone on separate beds....Therefore, after much searching, I found the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North which has 2 queens and a pull out sofa bed!  Room was like $179 and has free pickup at airport and free drop off at cruise terminal.  

We just got our flights the other day, and they had me on a 6am flight, landing in MIA at 9am.  I immediately called them, and they were able to switch me to a later flight, leaving at 11am, no need to get up in the middle of the night to be stuck in a hotel room all day, unless I rented a car for the day.  So it is a double edged sword...good luck making the right decision!

34 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I used the air deviation for $25, they never offered to book a hotel for me.  I have a 13yo daughter and 15yo son, so I would need a room that can fit everyone on separate beds....Therefore, after much searching, I found the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North which has 2 queens and a pull out sofa bed!  Room was like $179 and has free pickup at airport and free drop off at cruise terminal.  

We just got our flights the other day, and they had me on a 6am flight, landing in MIA at 9am.  I immediately called them, and they were able to switch me to a later flight, leaving at 11am, no need to get up in the middle of the night to be stuck in a hotel room all day, unless I rented a car for the day.  So it is a double edged sword...good luck making the right decision!

I was told the other day when I called that the $25 deviation fee brings you in 2 days in advance and you book your own hotel. 

If you come in 3 days in advance they waive the $25 fee and they book one of their hotels for you.  Same with staying after the cruise. 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:03 AM, BarnCat1 said:

I was told the other day when I called that the $25 deviation fee brings you in 2 days in advance and you book your own hotel. 

If you come in 3 days in advance they waive the $25 fee and they book one of their hotels for you.  Same with staying after the cruise. 

They never mentioned anything about going in any earlier than the day before for $25...

On 6/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, YankeesFan4Life said:

e are hoping our flight  will be no earlier than 6am but we prefer about 7 or 8am. We usually spend the night at the hotel the night before anyway even if coming in a day or so early. Usually hotels where we are flying from are less expensive than the ones in the port city.  

47 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

They never mentioned anything about going in any earlier than the day before for $25...

I was interested in a Mediterranean cruise and he eagerly explained all that to me because of the time zone changes and why it’s good to come in early.  

Maybe it’s slightly different for each port? 

17 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

I was interested in a Mediterranean cruise and he eagerly explained all that to me because of the time zone changes and why it’s good to come in early.  

Maybe it’s slightly different for each port? 

That sounds like the difference.  I guess NJ to Miami is a lot easier....

9 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

That sounds like the difference.  I guess NJ to Miami is a lot easier....

Yes that must be why since it's closer so only one night.

I just did a search and found The Pullman Miami Airport is the NCL hotel of choice.  

I do like the hotel you found much better with the shuttles to both port and airport. 

The Pullman doesn't offer shuttle to the Cruise Port.

Edited by BarnCat1

We would probably Uber/Taxi to the port we no matter if we choose NCL or or own.  We were just wondering if it would be better to book with NCL for their hotel of choice or just choose a hotel on our own and pay the $25-50 deviation charge.  

Round trip air for 3 of us for about $600 is an amazing price coming all the way from Southern California.