Covered pool on Ruby Princess

bluedevil72

We are cruising on the Ruby Princess next month and wanted to ask if there is a covered or  enclosed pool on the Ruby.  We have been on three other cruises to Alaska, all on different ships, and they all had an enclosed pool.  I've always searched these types of questions in the past, but I can't get anything to come up that's very specific any longer.  Has the search feature changed in the recent past?  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Not 100 % sure but i think only island and coral have covered pools.

Not so. A number of the Grand class ships have a covered pool. Love to sit in the "conservatory" (the deck just above that pool) and read. Very peaceful and out of the elements. (Also food and a bar are nearby :classic_cool:).

No, not on the Ruby. There are a selection of pools which you can check out based on the direction of the sun. Terrace Pool sits on the open deck 14 aft. The Lotus Spa Pool is on deck 16 forward and is protected from wind. Both of these are adult pools. The Calypso Reef pool has outdoor movies and other videos going all day. The Neptune's Reef pool is the main pool. These two pools will probably have lots of youth using them. The Chill Out Pool is on deck 17 aft, but you probably would not use this unless it was very warm.

Grand, Golden, Star, Coral, Island, Sapphire and Diamond all have a covered pool.

Ruby does not. Mistake IMO. I like the ships with covered pool areas even if I don't swim in them. They are nice in places like Alaska or when the weather isn't cooperating.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Coral said:

Grand, Golden, Star, Coral, Island, Sapphire and Diamond all have a covered pool.

Ruby does not. Mistake IMO. I like the ships with covered pool areas even if I don't swim in them. They are nice in places like Alaska or when the weather isn't cooperating.

I agree.  That's why I was hoping they had a covered area.  We almost never get IN the pool but we sure like to sit BY the pool and just look at the Alaska scenery or read if we're in open water.  Thanks again for the replies.