RE: Question regarding disembarking early from cruise

SXM54

We will be disembarking from our cruise one day early in Naples, Italy due to convenience of location post cruise. We have been in touch with our cruise line regarding this request which they have approved. They indicated that we are responsible for any additional costs at the pier/port in Naples. We were wondering if anyone has ever disembarked one day earlier and if so, what the approximate costs would be at the pier/port if any? I have asked the cruise line representative but they do not know.  Just want to be prepared ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

I’d be interested to see reports of actual costs involved.  We are thinking of a T/A on Celebrity from Southampton - getting off several days early in New York - rather than continuing to Bermuda and Florida and then having to fly home.  I have heard the same sort of vague information from Celebrity - which would get us back to NY, taking one day longer than QM2 while costing thousands less.

I did contact the port in Naples by email but no reply yet.  Just want to make sure it’s not some outrageous charge if anything at all.  I was hoping the cruise representative would have an answer but they were not sure and recommended contacting the port.  All port fees are included in the cost of the cruise. A few years ago we missed a port due to a medical emergency and some of the cruise passengers were requesting a refund for the port fee which was around $40-$50.  

Not the same but some on my Snowbird cruise are getting off in Port Canaveral instead of Fort Lauderdale and I believe their being charged a $65.00pp fee for this. I'm sure someone will have an exact price for you that may have done this early off on your itinerary.

OP, did you contact the port administration itself?  Particularly in Italy, probably not likely to get an answer.  Ask the cruise line for the contact information for their port agent in Naples, and contact them for any cost information and details of what you have to do.  They can also set up ground transportation, for a fee.

Edited by chengkp75

Thanks, I will try this on Monday.  Appreciate the recommendations.  I would think if there was a port fee, it would be less than $100/person.  Still worth the convenience and cost of turning around the next day in Rome and returning to Naples then Sorrento.  

It can depend.

If you already stopped in a Schengen country, it may be fine.  But if there are not immigration and customs personnel at the port to handle your entry (different then coming and leaving on the cruise ship), you could be charged those fees.