Royal credit card OBC ?

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I did a search and could not find specific answers to this multipart question.  If I convert points from my RCCL credit card to obtain a discount will that discount then change the OBC offered by my travel agency due to lowering the overall price of my cruise?  I know that OBC offered from the agency is directly related to cruise cost but I am unsure if applying the discount would change their commission potentially resulting in less OBC?  If the answer to the first part of my question is a yes and that the lower cost of the cruise results in reduced OBC then second scenario:  Is it possible to convert the points to OBC, apply it to the booking then if entire amount is not used onboard have the remaining amount refunded at the end of cruise in cash?  Just trying to get the most value out of the points and have never attempted to use any to date.  Thanks in advance for any expert opinions/answers! 

Don't know about the answer to first part of the question but we have converted them for obc.  Always used them but my understanding is that unused are considered refundable and are returned to credit card you use to set up your onboard account.

This was our recent experience in December 2018, part of it was nonrefundable, but the rest was refundable.  We had gone over the nonrefundable amount so I am not sure what the limit was.  We used over half though if that helps.

7 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I did a search and could not find specific answers to this multipart question.  If I convert points from my RCCL credit card to obtain a discount will that discount then change the OBC offered by my travel agency due to lowering the overall price of my cruise?  I know that OBC offered from the agency is directly related to cruise cost but I am unsure if applying the discount would change their commission potentially resulting in less OBC?  If the answer to the first part of my question is a yes and that the lower cost of the cruise results in reduced OBC then second scenario:  Is it possible to convert the points to OBC, apply it to the booking then if entire amount is not used onboard have the remaining amount refunded at the end of cruise in cash?  Just trying to get the most value out of the points and have never attempted to use any to date.  Thanks in advance for any expert opinions/answers! 

Your first question should be addressed to your travel agency.  Their commission would go down with the application of the discount redemption.

Yes to the second part, Visa Points OBC is fully refundable.

Sorry, not related to OP's question perhaps, but right now our biggest concern is me calling RCL Visa wondering about our OBC conversion done to RCL back in October and now RCL is saying they haven't seen it yet - we cruise in 16 days. Only proof I have is paperwork from visa showing where and when that conversion took place.

8 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Sorry, not related to OP's question perhaps, but right now our biggest concern is me calling RCL Visa wondering about our OBC conversion done to RCL back in October and now RCL is saying they haven't seen it yet - we cruise in 16 days. Only proof I have is paperwork from visa showing where and when that conversion took place.

I would call the Visa Redemption department at 888-305-4626 immediately.  Perhaps they can trace the redemption.

8 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

By using your points for a price reduction, your TA's commission will be affected and their incentive could very well be reduced.

Visa OBC as well as the TA's OBC is refundable

On 6/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, Host Clarea said:

I would call the Visa Redemption department at 888-305-4626 immediately.  Perhaps they can trace the redemption.

I did, they placed a service on the request - one day later the CC OBC showed up on our cruise! Thanks Bob.

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

I did, they placed a service on the request - one day later the CC OBC showed up on our cruise! Thanks Bob.

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.

• Thanks 1