Cruise Cash and your S&S account

TerReuv

So, I purchased some Cruise Cash for my upcoming cruise.  I listed my S&S account as Cash.  However, I am wondering since I have CC will I also need to put cash down when we check in or will the CC be fine to start with?  We usually do Gift Cards or cash for our account.  This is the first time I have done CC.  With the GCs we didn't have to put cash on the account until we got down some.  But, I wasn't sure if the CC would show when he check in and if that would count as having money on my account.  Thanks!

I never use a credit card on mine. Last year, I pre-purchased a little Cruise Cash, set my account up as cash, and didn't have to do anything at check-in. The Cruise Cash was waiting for me on my account. If you do put a credit card on your account, along with Cruise Cash and cash, the credit card will be the last payment method to be charged.

• Like 1

Technically Cruise Cash is supposed to be on your account as soon as you finish the physical check-in and have been processed as being on board. BUT in reality it can take up to 24 hours to post to your S&S account especially if you have bought the max amount of $500 for the cabin in several smaller incremental transactions over time. Carnival knows not everyone wants to wait on the long GS line at boarding on embarkation afternoon to deposit cash or verify that OBC (which is what Cruise Cash is) has been posted, so they let each person that is on a cash account to purchase up to $50 before requiring some sort of funds being put on the account (or show proof of Cruise Cash purchase).