Johnny Rockets - menu and current prices please

There is a cover charge of $3.95 for which you get unlimited food. All drinks are extra. I think the shakes are $3.50. The menu is similar to the Johnny Rockets restaurants back on shore, just not quite as extensive.

It's been a while since I have been to either, but if I remember correctly the regular menu had a dozen differant hamburgers to choose from whereas the cruise ship only had four or five. They just scaled back your choices to what I assume are their most popular items.

Here's two more JR questions - I haven't sailed on a ship with Johnny Rocket's onboard. Is it strictly eat-in? Are there usually long lines to get in?

My DH & I were on the NOS in September. We noticed that the lines were a bit longer at the beginning of the week. By day 5, it was very managable. We only waited about 10 minutes for an outside booth.

Yes, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and fries are offered in the Windjammer. We much prefer these to the overrated greasy stuff in Johnny Rockets.

I have had the ones in the Windjammer and found them to be dry as they are precooked and sitting in a pan being kept warm. I will gladly pay for the JR experience for a good burger. To each their own I guess.

DH and I just got off the Mariner of the Seas this past Sunday, we ate at Johnny Rockets once, I think it was Thursday after we got back from Cozumel as we'd missed lunch (shopping instead of eating!) and the Wind-jammer was closed. We had done deli sandwiches in the cafe and room service, so we decided to go to JR even though we knew we had to pay $3.95 each. They didn't charge us extra for our drinks though, maybe it's only shakes/malts that cost extra, I don't know.

DH had a HUGE hamburger (they had several different ones to choose from) and I had a grilled chicken club sandwich. Plus they brought us a tray of fries and onion rings with Ranch dressing immediately after seating us, and brought more onion rings when we had almost finished the ones we had, and would have brought more, but we said "no thanks."

It wasn't busy at all when we were there, none of the outside booths were being used as it was raining (slightly), and only 4-5 booths were occupied inside.

Our waiter brought our drinks, chocolate Cokes, and brought smaller versions in "to go" cups with lids for us to take back to our stateroom. We didn't even ask, he just did it. I thought that was really nice, we appreciated that.

The waiters sang and danced to "R-E-S-P-E-C-T", it was cute.

When we did Navigator in Sept. the kids wanted to do JR for lunch one day. I was a bit against "paying" for burgers when they were elsewhere on the ship for free. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Food was good. Service was excellent, constant refils being offered. Servers danced and spent some extra time talking to our kids about how they were enjoying the cruise. The staff in there seemed to really like their job and were the most enthusiastic employees we met on the ship.

Are you supposed to tip the waiters there or does the cover charge take care of that?

They say the $3.95 covers the tip, but we always leave a $1 per person tip and they really appreciate it. It's rarely crowded when you're in port. The last time my wife and I went was around 1 PM while we were in St Thomas on the NOS and we were the only ones in the place.

Archived