Nieuw Amsterdam- Vancouver Embarkation June 29

zentraveler

Exceedingly smooth. Arrived Canada port 10 am and we moved like a Swiss swatch all the way to the first hold up which was an obligatory line for photos - the photos were not obligatory and we skipped them. Then we sat for a few minutes until we boarded. No line for customs - boarded11 am.  Bring global entry card — not just passport as we were told by staff. I had mine but DH did not but no line so was OK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zentraveler said:

Exceedingly smooth. Arrived Canada port 10 am and we moved like a Swiss swatch all the way to the first hold up which was an obligatory line for photos - the photos were not obligatory and we skipped them. Then we sat for a few minutes until we boarded. No line for customs - boarded11 am.  Bring global entry card — not just passport as we were told by staff. I had mine but DH did not but no line so was OK. 

Your off to a great start.  I just checked weather forecast for the three cities, looks like you might have a nice week.  Enjoy both Canada Day and July 4th on board.  Hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 1

We were so dreading the process that I wanted to let people know that it was quite easy. There were three large ships inport and it still ran like a Swiss watch. I could’ve done without standing in line for the stupid Photos which they will want people to buy later. we were so dreading the process that I wanted to let people know that it was quite easy. There were three large ships import and it still ran like a Swiss watch. I could’ve done without standing in line for the photos which they will want people to buy later (and I checked, no bypass lane for this ).  And we didn’t test it out, so I don’t know about the whole you need your global entry card instead of just your passport information. 

If I had it to do again, I would embark in Seattle. Flying into Vancouver was the same headache it seems to be flying into any foreign country,  although far better than some places. All of the planes seem to land at the same time and you spend endless minutes sneaking through various lines to finally find your luggage and then face lines for everything else. For the YVR  the cab line was about a half a mile long and we bailed and went with a black car called Aero Car  that was waiting  right there. It ended up being about $65 Canadian including the tip but was worth pay an extra 20+ dollars US   We also stayed at the Sheraton Wall Center whose rate had dropped by about half since we booked it and they honored  the new rate of $195 Canadian .  Hope this helps future cruises for the rest of the summer !

• Like 1