Free Admission to Queen Mary - Long Beach?

GradUT

A few years ago, we did a 4-day cruise out of Long Beach and there was a deal advertised on the Carnival website where you could show your boarding pass and get free admission to the Queen Mary.  We are doing a 7-day cruise later this year and I was wondering if this promotion was still available as I could find no reference to it.  Thanks for any info. 

The Queen Mary in Long Beach is open to the public.  There is no cost to board the ship and you can dine in any of the restaurants and bars.  The only cost is if you want to take a guided tour or if there is a special event or showing; otherwise, you are free to roam the ship, eat in one of its restaurants or have a drink in the Observation bar.  To board the ship follow the signs to the hotel enterance. If you want to take a guided tour there is a tour desk onboard.  You can inquired if Carnival's guest get any special discount for the ship tour.  But you can do a self guided tour for free.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, COMBOY said:

The Queen Mary in Long Beach is open to the public.  There is no cost to board the ship and you can dine in any of the restaurants and bars.  The only cost is if you want to take a guided tour or if there is a special event or showing; otherwise, you are free to roam the ship, eat in one of its restaurants or have a drink in the Observation bar.  To board the ship follow the signs to the hotel enterance. If you want to take a guided tour there is a tour desk onboard.  You can inquired if Carnival's guest get any special discount for the ship tour.  But you can do a self guided tour for free.    

Not completely true, according to the FAQ's on their website:

DO I NEED A TICKET IF I JUST WANT TO TOUR ON MY OWN?

All guests onboard the Queen Mary are required to have a TOUR TICKET, ROOM KEY, or RESTAURANT RESERVATION.

Tours are priced anywhere from $40-$55/person

Edited by Sean_B

I'm sorry but I've been onboard the Queen Mary three times now and their is no admission to enter the ship via the hotel enterance. There is no land side ticket office prior to boarding.  No one is taking tickets or checking hotel or restaurant reservations as you board the ship. Per their website: For guided tours - please proceed to level 4 (Promenade Deck) and proceed to the Tour Center and purchase you tickets.  Yes...of course they want you to pre-purchase tickets via their website for the guided tours and the exhibits; but it not necessary to enter the ship and use their restaurants, bars or just walk around. They might give Carnival passengers a discount on the tours if you ask.   

Edited by COMBOY

In 2015 we booked a room on the Queen while awaiting our ship. The rooms are unique----wood paneling, portholes, etc. One item they left as is is the faucet area for the tub/shower-----4 faucets by the tub state "cold salt, hot fresh, cold fresh and hot salt!". The walls are paper thin and we heard our neighbors clearly. For a one night experience it can't be beat, and I'm NOT talking about the neighbors antics. If you'd like to see what a typical stateroom looks like (they aren't shown in the tours) I'll leave a link to our cruise album, just click on it-the Queen pictures are #007 - 054 to see them larger click on them. We enjoyed it so much that we booked her again for Jan. 18, 2019, we'll be disembarking the Panorama on the 18 and embarking the Imagination the 19.
OUR HAWAIIAN CRUISE + THE QUEEN MARY

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 2

We we stayed on the Queen Mary this past April before our cruise.  Each time we entered the hotel we were required to show our hotel room key. I did observe that the security personnel would direct people who did not have a key to the ticket window .

Also,  According to their website FAQ page ( https://www.queenmary.com/faq/)

DO I NEED A TICKET IF I JUST WANT TO TOUR ON MY OWN?  All guests onboard the Queen Mary are required to have a TOUR TICKET, ROOM KEY, or RESTAURANT RESERVATION.

Tour Information:

First Class Passport

THIS PASSPORT INCLUDES:

- Admission to The Queen Mary
- Access to the Queen Mary Historic Exhibits, Ship Model Gallery & Engine Room
- Queen Mary Tours*

Prices Monday - Thursday
Adult (12+ Years): $30.00
Child (Ages 4-11): $15.00

Prices Friday - Sunday
Adult (12+ Years): $40.00
Child (Ages 4-11): $20.00

QM After Hours

Here is your chance to uncover the millions the hidden treasures aboard the world’s greatest ocean liner. Take advantage of QM After Hours. Guest can explore the ship for just $10* or if you purchase one of the tours offered after 6PM! Don't hesitate! Around each corner is something fantastic to discover.

*$10 Admission ticket value may be used towards dining receipt at Chelsea Chowder House or the bar tab at the Observation Bar.
*Does not include service fee. Service fee cannot be applied to dining bill or bar tab beyond the $10 value of the admission ticket. The serivce fee is non-refundable.

Parking: Complimentary self-parking is only offered if the guest has purchased $20 or more in the Observation Bar or had dinner in Chelsea Chowder House.

The QM After Hours Admission begins at 6:00pm and end nightly at 9:00pm (Sunday-Thursday) and 10:00pm (Friday & Saturday or during peak seasons)