Arcadia delay

kruzseeka

On 7/10/2019 at 2:48 AM, Slugsta said:

Never mind the 'worldie', we are doing the round-trip transatlantic on her in September!

No worries, they are fitting a new rubber band to the prop shaft this week.  Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the cruise that stayed in Malaga for three days, seeing to the problem caused by fishing lines.  The only missed port was. Messina.  We were advised to contact our own insurance re compensation.  Personally, i think it was one of those things.  I would sooner sail on a safe ship and miss out a port.  Far better to have been waiting in Malaga in lovely sunshine than in Southampton in nasty weather.  Added to that is the fact that Southampton is a very busy port and may not have had dock space for a three day wait, and what about the colder water for The divers who worked around the clock.

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

I was on the cruise that stayed in Malaga for three days, seeing to the problem caused by fishing lines.  The only missed port was. Messina.  We were advised to contact our own insurance re compensation.  Personally, i think it was one of those things.  I would sooner sail on a safe ship and miss out a port.  Far better to have been waiting in Malaga in lovely sunshine than in Southampton in nasty weather.  Added to that is the fact that Southampton is a very busy port and may not have had dock space for a three day wait, and what about the colder water for The divers who worked around the clock.

On my insurance policy you have to pay extra for cover for missed ports.  I never do because I don't feel it is worth it.  I buy travel insurance to cover medical expenses.  If we miss a port (we missed Naples due to storms) I just accept that weather and mechanical breakdown occurs.  

It is unwise to cruise in order to visit a specific port.  If the port is so important to you, it is probably better to arrange a holiday to that place.  JMHO

Couldn’t agree more.  People need to realise that a cruise ship is nothing more than a small soap dish tossing about in a very large bath.  I even heard people complaining because maintenance work was being done on the lifeboats between 9 - 11am.

• Like 1