Seattle Debarkation

Steve551

We recently returned from our 1st Inside Passage cruise on the Star Princess.

We took advantage of a luggage program that took your luggage from outside of your cabin door and to your destination airport. GREAT service!

Was this a service provided by Princess or the City of Seattle?  This should be offered in more places.

We did this in Seattle too, it is definitely awesome!  From the cabin door to our final flight destination at no charge except baggage check fee if that applies to some.  It is really a competitive port advantage imo for Alaska cruises.  

Port Valet is offered for no charge by the Port of Seattle Port Authority. A quasi-government agency technically not part of the City of Seattle government.

EZ Check is the Princess program offered at Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale. It is not free ($25 per person, not per bag as is often erroneously stated on here) and while available for eligible domestic flights from both FLL and MIA it does not include as many airlines as in Seattle, though is good for late evening flights on disembarkation day (cutoff times are fairly early in Seattle). 

As to why it is not offered "in more places" there are laws prohibiting such programs in California. So complain to Sacramento, not Princess.

Edited by fishywood

1 minute ago, fishywood said:

As to why it is not offered "in more places" there are laws prohibiting it in California. So complain to Sacramento, not Princess.

Where did you get that I was complaining? I was offering praise of the service.  I have cruised from many different ports but this was the first time I had been offered this service, free.

9 minutes ago, Steve551 said:

Where did you get that I was complaining? I was offering praise of the service.  I have cruised from many different ports but this was the first time I had been offered this service, free.

Where did you get that I was directing that statement at you? I did not quote your opening post [yes, I did highlight a brief three-word clause]; I only was offering a general statement to clarify some facts. 

Edited by fishywood

Just now, fishywood said:

Where did you get that I was directing that statement at you? I did not quote your opening post, just made a general statement to clarify some facts. 

I see, just bored and looking to stir the pot?  Okay, have fun.

Does anyone know if you participate in the SEA Luggage Valet program, if you can change your flight seat the day prior to boarding?  In other words, I understand they check you in for your flight but I want to upgrade my seat the day before also.  I plan to do that 24 hrs. prior to the flight online.  Will this cause a problem with them checking me in too? 

23 hours ago, Steve551 said:

We recently returned from our 1st Inside Passage cruise on the Star Princess.

We took advantage of a luggage program that took your luggage from outside of your cabin door and to your destination airport. GREAT service!

Was this a service provided by Princess or the City of Seattle?  This should be offered in more places.

This sounds awesome!  Were you offered this by Princess or your TA?  

16 minutes ago, szubieta said:

It's provided/offered by the Seattle Port Authority and you receive information on it from the ship. I've included info on the program below.

Tom

Port Valet Program.txt

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

1 hour ago, szubieta said:

Turns out it is provided by the city of Seattle.

The ship will provide you with a form to fill out. You take that form to Guest Services. The last night you will receive special luggage tags to place on you luggage. You set your luggage outside of your door and that's the last time you touch them until you reach your destination airport.

There is no fee for this service but if your airline charges a baggage fee you must pay that.

2 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

It's provided/offered by the Seattle Port Authority and you receive information on it from the ship. I've included info on the program below.

Tom

Port Valet Program.txt 2.28 kB · 2 downloads

56 minutes ago, Steve551 said:

The ship will provide you with a form to fill out. You take that form to Guest Services. The last night you will receive special luggage tags to place on you luggage. You set your luggage outside of your door and that's the last time you touch them until you reach your destination airport.

There is no fee for this service but if your airline charges a baggage fee you must pay that.

Thank you both!  I hate getting off the ship to find our luggage.

2 hours ago, Steve551 said:

Do you remember the time limitations for flights?  I've seen a variety of information posted. My MIL has a flight at 11:15 pm, I'm hoping that's not too late to take advantage of the program!

2 hours ago, schlogee said:

Do you remember the time limitations for flights?  I've seen a variety of information posted. My MIL has a flight at 11:15 pm, I'm hoping that's not too late to take advantage of the program!

I do not remember. I checked the Port Valet website and it didn't mention a time limit.

"All flights must depart between 11:00am and 7:00pm except for Southwest flights which must depart between 11:00am and 6:00pm. Except for Delta, both domestic and international flights are accepted. Connecting flights do not have to be with the participating airline as long as they're on the same reservation. In addition, your reservation must be confirmed--ending upgrades and standby reservations are not eligible."

From thew text file posted by Peerlesscruisers

50 minutes ago, Jokare said:

Is this just for Princess or all cruise ships

Port Valet is available from cruises docking at Smith Cove Terminal at Pier 91 and Bell Street Terminal at Pier 66.

• Celebrity Cruises

• Holland America Line

• Norwegian Cruise Line

• Princess Cruises

• Royal Caribbean International

Participating Airlines

• Alaska Airlines

• American Airlines

• Delta Air Lines

• Horizon Air

• JetBlue

• Southwest Airlines

• Spirit Airlines

• United Airlines

4 hours ago, Steve551 said:

Port Valet is available from cruises docking at Smith Cove Terminal at Pier 91 and Bell Street Terminal at Pier 66.

• Celebrity Cruises

• Holland America Line

• Norwegian Cruise Line

• Princess Cruises

• Royal Caribbean International

Participating Airlines

• Alaska Airlines

• American Airlines

• Delta Air Lines

• Horizon Air

• JetBlue

• Southwest Airlines