Cruising out of Brooklyn Cruise Port - QUESTIONS!

#1Nanna

We are are  cruising out of  Brooklyn Cruise Port on Regal Princess Oct. 5th.  We are flying into LGA on the 3rd  and wanting to do a bit of sightseeing on the 4th.  We are hoping to do a tour of the 911 Memorial and not yet sure what else.  We will be booking a car service from LGA to our hotel.  Is it best for us to stay in the Manhattan financial district and then taxi or use car service to the pier OR in Brooklyn downtown area and taxi or use car service over to Manhattan for sight seeing? I would really appreciate any help or advice! Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

We are are  cruising out of  Brooklyn Cruise Port on Regal Princess Oct. 5th.  We are flying into LGA on the 3rd  and wanting to do a bit of sightseeing on the 4th.  We are hoping to do a tour of the 911 Memorial and not yet sure what else.  We will be booking a car service from LGA to our hotel.  Is it best for us to stay in the Manhattan financial district and then taxi or use car service to the pier OR in Brooklyn downtown area and taxi or use car service over to Manhattan for sight seeing? I would really appreciate any help or advice! Thanks in advance!

I'd stay in the downtown financial district rather than Brooklyn. Staying in Manhattan gives you more easy options for everything from sightseeing to restaurants.

9 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I'd stay in the downtown financial district rather than Brooklyn. Staying in Manhattan gives you more easy options for everything from sightseeing to restaurants.

And the OP would have the option of taking a cab to Wall St Pier 11 and the mta ferry to the Brooklyn cruise terminal if they can roll their luggage.

14 hours ago, #1Nanna said:

Hello,  we are looking for hotels in Financial District;  we plan on visiting Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, and World Trade Center Museum;  we are looking at Marriott or Doubletree; both in Financial District.  Hope this helps.  We will either uber or take ferry to Brooklyn cruise port

Edited by AF-1

Thanks for all of the responses and info.  So I am looking at  3 hotels, the Hilton Doubletree financial district, the Hilton Garden Inn financial district or the Hampton Inn financial district.  Does anyone have an opinion or experience with one of the three? 

Edited by #1Nanna

No experience, but all three hotels are clustered together in the same location.  The Doubletree is on a one way side street, which is good, and it’s closer to the 911 area.  They’re all about 2 blocks from Battery Park.

We also like trinity church which has a cemetery where some famous people from revolutionary war are buried and also Frances tavern where George Washington gave farewell address all in same area. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, #1Nanna said:

Thanks for all of the responses and info.  So I am looking at  3 hotels, the Hilton Doubletree financial district, the Hilton Garden Inn financial district or the Hampton Inn financial district.  Does anyone have an opinion or experience with one of the three? 

FWIW, the Hampton Inn has free breakfast daily - not necessarily the greatest, but certainly filling.