Am I allowed to bring....

Calleekelly

On 7/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, coevan said:

Apparently you have never been to the "Behind the Scenes Tour." They have a HUGE recycling room. Everything is separated and labeled. All the cardboard is crushed and bundled. They have glass crushers, it looked like they had 100's of pounds of glass. Seriously do not know where you got your info. 

I didn't have any info, hence the question. I personally don't see how plastic is any worse than aluminum cans. Both can and should be recycled. I would love to drink a 24 pack of water on my cruise, but I can't bring any with me, and I really don't want to pay 9 bucks for a 24 pack of water. 

3 minutes ago, Noledad77 said:

I didn't have any info, hence the question. I personally don't see how plastic is any worse than aluminum cans. Both can and should be recycled. I would love to drink a 24 pack of water on my cruise, but I can't bring any with me, and I really don't want to pay 9 bucks for a 24 pack of water. 

You know, the water on the ship is super filtered and tastes pretty much like anything you'd get out of a bottle of purified water, right? We always drink lots of water while on the ship. Just get one of the big insulated metal cups and fill it up throughout the day. 

A hangover is basically a withdrawal symptom from having too much alcohol.  When I drank beer round the clock, I rarely had a hangover.  The hair of the dog works well against hangovers!  Just having another as soon as I awoke was my panacea.

Of course, my liver, stomach and pancreas and other organs complained about my round the clock drinking, as well as my ex wife, and ex employer.  But since 1984 when I stopped drinking entirely, all those issues have evaporated.

Edited by evandbob

10 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

You know, the water on the ship is super filtered and tastes pretty much like anything you'd get out of a bottle of purified water, right? We always drink lots of water while on the ship. Just get one of the big insulated metal cups and fill it up throughout the day. 

I'll probably bring one on board with me and try that out. 

1 minute ago, Noledad77 said:

I'll probably bring one on board with me and try that out. 

That's what we do. It works super well. That way, you always have cold water. The "refrigerators" on the ships barely cool anything in them at all and I generally just find it annoying. I like my water to be cold when I drink it and having a nice insulated cup with plenty of ice is about the only way to achieve this on board, IMO.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:44 AM, lmb84 said:

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

Goody's or BC Powders. Take two before drinking or before you pass out and trust me you wont have a hangover. Been doing it for years!

On 7/5/2019 at 11:42 AM, Noledad77 said:

Does this include drink box water bottles? Asking for a Canadian friend haha.

Seriously, I don't understand how cans of soda are ok but completely sealed 12 packs of water bottles aren't allowed. Is it an environmental thing? Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

people were opening water bottles and putting vodka and other clear liquids to smuggle on board and yes drink boxes are included

They are the same ounces as a travel sized toiletry. Pack them in your checked luggage with other toiletries. Toiletry and med liquids are permitted in checked baggage so I honestly don't think it will be a problem for you. If you get called to the naughty room, simply plead your case. 

Water and a couple of OTC painkillers before bed (I prefer aspirin or aleve over anything ibuprofen), then something like Gatorade in the morning to both re-hydrate and replace electrolytes. May need another painkiller in the morning if you really tied one on the day before, but this works for most everyone I know. Best thing would be to get an IV, but I doubt the ship's medical facilities will let you cure it that way.