MSC discounts

tigger54

We had a 10% military discount of our January sailing. (US).

While waiting for something on that trip, I chatted with a young lady from Scotland (if I remember, definitely UK), she said they also got a discount as her BF was in the British navy. FWIW

• 2 months later...

I've been on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone from MSC to add a civil servant discount. Also, for some reason, I can't log into MSC's site, even though I could last night. I previously took a cruise with them in 2013. Am I in the Voyager Club automatically? Will they stack discounts on an already-booked cruise (booked thru the site, not TA)? Thanks in advance. 

21 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

I've been on hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone from MSC to add a civil servant discount. Also, for some reason, I can't log into MSC's site, even though I could last night. I previously took a cruise with them in 2013. Am I in the Voyager Club automatically? Will they stack discounts on an already-booked cruise (booked thru the site, not TA)? Thanks in advance. 

While my TA handled our civil service discount when we originally booked, she did say that only one discount (Voyagers Club or civil servant - not both) was allowed.  10% instead of 5% was a no brainer!  Hope you get it worked out!

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

While my TA handled our civil service discount when we originally booked, she did say that only one discount (Voyagers Club or civil servant - not both) was allowed.  10% instead of 5% was a no brainer!  Hope you get it worked out!

Thanks for the info. Now I just need to get them on the horn. Their website sucks, their lack of customer service agents sucks... I just don't understand. But I like cruising w/them (especially because their prices). Catch 22! 

6 hours ago, allyfrizzle said:

I think you have to cruise within 3 years to retain your membership

2 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I think you have to cruise within 3 years to retain your membership

Thanks for the info! I just signed up today then submitted my documentation to MSC for a discount. After I cruise on NCL this upcoming week, I'll be Gold with NCL and might try to status match with MSC.