Room Service and Chef's Choice Questions

young_k92

First, is room service available on embarkation day? I'm assuming no because everyone is so busy with turnover, but I wanted to be sure.

Second, is there a usual rotation or types of food available on the Chef's Choice section the lido buffet? My husband and I tend to get overwhelmed at buffets, and I'd like to be prepared what to expect and look for in this section of the lido buffet.

TYIA

Room service is not available during embarkation.  There is a lot of variety on the lunch and dinner buffets, less so for breakfast.  You can avoid being overwhelmed by taking small portions and/or going back for seconds.

• Thanks 1

Also consider that there is more than one buffet area.  I've seen people walk into the Lido buffet, take a quick look around, and walk out... not realizing that there are more offerings to be had further back in the dining area.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barsnikel said:

Also consider that there is more than one buffet area.  I've seen people walk into the Lido buffet, take a quick look around, and walk out... not realizing that there are more offerings to be had further back in the dining area.

I'm trying to gear myself up by focusing on the different areas, instead of the whole. I think it's possible my biggest problem is that I hate buffets (I call them "troughs") and crowds. I should probably stick to the MDR. Does anybody know if Guy's or BlueIguana are less "trough"-like or less crowded than lido buffet generally?

2 hours ago, young_k92 said:

I'm trying to gear myself up by focusing on the different areas, instead of the whole. I think it's possible my biggest problem is that I hate buffets (I call them "troughs") and crowds. I should probably stick to the MDR. Does anybody know if Guy's or BlueIguana are less "trough"-like or less crowded than lido buffet generally?

Yes they’re less crowded. And blue iguana is more or less made to order. I’d highly suggest those over the buffet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, young_k92 said:

It varies from ship class to ship class.  On Fantasy class ships, Guy's and BlueIguana are adjacent to the Lido area, just outside the buffet doors. For all intents and purposes, they're part of the buffet, with line cooks working behind the counters, instead of food sitting in warming trays.  But Carnival brands them as separate dining venues.  They are less trough-like, but what they lack in the trough factor, they make up in the lines.  According to reviews, lines usually move quickly.

Important note: the MDR is not open for lunch on embarkation day on any Carnival ship, so that's out.  Your food choices are the buffet and nearby dining venues.  Dinner in the MDR is usually excellent, though.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Thanks 1