Bacardi Rum included in Easy Package

ocbaylady

Seems that they have improved the selection on the Easy package. A new menu posted on social media shows an increase in the number of cocktails available under Easy. They probably had a lot of complaints about the limited choice yet the price was only 10 or 20 cents more for a preferred brand which did not make sense. 

See the difference in these photos. The first one I took in Feb on the Meraviglia, the second was posted recently on social media although I notice my menu is in Euros and the second one is in Dollars it appears . 

883F69F9-E010-463F-923A-555C898496AC.jpeg

B4216638-C6FB-45CA-A78A-7A2A3CFAB002.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:03 AM, ocbaylady said:

I was wondering if Bacardi Rum is one of the drinks included on the Easy Package. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Wasn't available on our March/April 2019 Med cruise on the MSC Opera.  Just Morgan's Spiced Rum.  With that and only one beer available under 6 euro we upgraded our package onboard.  It wasn't much and was well worth the cost.

hth 

Denise

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Here's the Euro-priced list for wines & cocktails:

1459425689_EasyPackageDrinks.png.0435ee4fd3509b7088bb9ac6fc36790c.png

This is the same as the previous posted one by Heather , So I take it that the American itineraries have the updated better Easy package and the European Cruises still have less choice? 

I haven't seen anything other than what I've posted.

The drinks packages for US sailings have always been more comprehensive than Med sailings ones, though they were more expensive, too.  However, there's very little difference in the price for the Easy package between US-based and Europe-based sailings, which makes it a moot point.  It would be more understandable for the higher-cost packages (Premium and Prem+) as the difference is price is more substantial.

49 minutes ago, Dgshooter said:

Too bad Aperol Sprits is not on the easy package. Love those!

We found the Europe choices very disappointing, setting a limit of 6 euro when most drinks were 6.10 was a big let down for most of our fellow travellers .

Luckily it was not too much to upgrade for the two of us.  Our next cruise on MSC Armonia we have gone premium  but its out of Miami so will be interesting to see the difference

On 7/14/2019 at 7:04 AM, heatherb1958 said:

Seems that they have improved the selection on the Easy package. A new menu posted on social media shows an increase in the number of cocktails available under Easy. They probably had a lot of complaints about the limited choice yet the price was only 10 or 20 cents more for a preferred brand which did not make sense. 

See the difference in these photos. The first one I took in Feb on the Meraviglia, the second was posted recently on social media although I notice my menu is in Euros and the second one is in Dollars it appears . 

883F69F9-E010-463F-923A-555C898496AC.jpeg

B4216638-C6FB-45CA-A78A-7A2A3CFAB002.jpeg

Thanks for this. Very interesting. We had already upgraded to premium due to the minimal Easy menu. We could easily live with this new menu and save the cash. They better be prepared for some unhappy campers if they will not refund the upgrade amount if this menu is the new standard.

9 minutes ago, omarchs said:

They better be prepared for some unhappy campers if they will not refund the upgrade amount if this menu is the new standard.

From experience , they won't refund once you step foot onboard. Your best best is to try to get it refunded prior to sailing.

Bret

• Like 1

Thanks for posting these photos.  So I'm assuming that drinks like mojitos, Miami Vice, Mai Tai, Pina Colada would fall under the Premium Package?  For those who upgraded drink packages, do you remember how much (on the Seaside out of Miami)?

8 hours ago, vallemic said:

Thanks for posting these photos.  So I'm assuming that drinks like mojitos, Miami Vice, Mai Tai, Pina Colada would fall under the Premium Package?  For those who upgraded drink packages, do you remember how much (on the Seaside out of Miami)?

If you're asking how much it costs to upgrade from Easy ($35 pppd) to Premium ($62 pppd), it's $27 pppd (plus 15% service charge if done onboard, which isn't added if done before sailing).

23 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If you're asking how much it costs to upgrade from Easy ($35 pppd) to Premium ($62 pppd), it's $27 pppd (plus 15% service charge if done onboard, which isn't added if done before sailing).

Bargain! ...🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻...slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Bargain! ...🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻...slurp!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a no-brainer for Euros sailings as it's only €10 pppd to upgrade 😜  We have a non-YC, East Med sailing booked for Spring next year and I've immediately added the Premium to the booking (no way could I settle for Easy and no need for Prem+ as Premium has everything we want covered  👍 😎).  At €39 that's a bargain!!  🍾🍸🍷🍹

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It's a no-brainer for Euros sailings as it's only €10 pppd to upgrade 😜  We have a non-YC, East Med sailing booked for Spring next year and I've immediately added the Premium to the booking (no way could I settle for Easy and no need for Prem+ as Premium has everything we want covered  👍 😎).  At €39 that's a bargain!!  🍾🍸🍷🍹

Oh agree totally Bea! No point bording without Premium as the floor and plus if it all works out. I've settled for Premium without plus on Grandiosa 😀

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

Oh agree totally Bea! No point bording without Premium as the floor and plus if it all works out. I've settled for Premium without plus on Grandiosa 😀

Thanks for the info!  Last question... If I stick with the Easy Drink Package and decide to purchase a drink not included in that package, will I be charged the full amount of that drink or do I get a $6 credit off that drink (as a $6 limit is included in the Easy Package)?

Thanks again for all your help!