Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
teeredi2cruise

Barcelona Airport/Hotel/Port Best Transportation Suggestions for Group of Six

Recommended Posts

We are sailing on NCL arriving at BCN and are looking for suggestions for private transportation suggestions for 6 people for pre and post cruise travel.

 

We will first need transportation from Airport to the the hotel. 

 

We will also need returning transportation from the port back to airport. We all have departure flights out of Barcelona back to the states that are pretty early so would like something safe and reliable.. Some of my research says to just take a taxi.

 

Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teeredi2cruise said:

We are sailing on NCL arriving at BCN and are looking for suggestions for private transportation suggestions for 6 people for pre and post cruise travel.

 

We will first need transportation from Airport to the the hotel. 

 

We will also need returning transportation from the port back to airport. We all have departure flights out of Barcelona back to the states that are pretty early so would like something safe and reliable.. Some of my research says to just take a taxi.

 

Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated! 

We just got back.  We used J&G Elegance Cars and were happy with them.  I think we paid 70 Euros for a Mercedes van from the port to the airport.  We used a taxi from our hotel on Las Ramblas to the port and paid only about 40 Euros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pno4te said:

We just got back.  We used J&G Elegance Cars and were happy with them.  I think we paid 70 Euros for a Mercedes van from the port to the airport.  We used a taxi from our hotel on Las Ramblas to the port and paid only about 40 Euros.

 

Thank you for your reply. I read some of the reviews for their service and they sound impressive. If you don’t mind one other question. How large was your party and luggage?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teeredi2cruise said:

 

Thank you for your reply. I read some of the reviews for their service and they sound impressive. If you don’t mind one other question. How large was your party and luggage?

 

It was just the two of us.  However,  my husband travels with a mobility scooter and we had 2 LARGE suitcases and four carry ons as well as a walker.  They do have larger vehicles. Worth an email to ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, pno4te said:

It was just the two of us.  However,  my husband travels with a mobility scooter and we had 2 LARGE suitcases and four carry ons as well as a walker.  They do have larger vehicles. Worth an email to ask!

 

I agrees and intend to get a quote. My only issue now is one of the couples does not have their air itinerary from NCL and I need to make sure of their arrival time to get the pick arrival time right.

 

The rest of us are on the same flight. But I am definitely interested in their information, thank you again,

Edited by teeredi2cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pno4te said:

We just got back.  We used J&G Elegance Cars and were happy with them.  I think we paid 70 Euros for a Mercedes van from the port to the airport.  We used a taxi from our hotel on Las Ramblas to the port and paid only about 40 Euros.

You paid 70 Euros from the port to BCN ..... Yikes !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

You paid 70 Euros from the port to BCN ..... Yikes !

That included a tip. And again,  it was a private driver in a Mercedes van to handle what we have to travel with.  It would have taken 2 taxis to make the same ride.  So,  we felt we did well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

You paid 70 Euros from the port to BCN ..... Yikes !

 

Since I don’t have a good reference point for the pricing, would you mind sharing what price point we should look for 6 people? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, teeredi2cruise said:

 

Since I don’t have a good reference point for the pricing, would you mind sharing what price point we should look for 6 people? 

I believe we paid approx 30-35 Euros for the two of us as I don't believe it was based on a pp rate. We just happened to get a large van type taxi so plenty of room for us and all our luggage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also used J&G Elegance Cars and highly recommend them.  We used them from BCN to our hotel, from the hotel to the pier, and from the pier back to BCN. 

 

One person was in a wheelchair and it was so worth it to have our transportation confirmed and waiting for us in a shiny new Mercedes van. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

We also used J&G Elegance Cars and highly recommend them.  We used them from BCN to our hotel, from the hotel to the pier, and from the pier back to BCN. 

 

One person was in a wheelchair and it was so worth it to have our transportation confirmed and waiting for us in a shiny new Mercedes van. 

 

Can you please share the website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, samavarcruiser said:

 

Can you please share the website?

http://www.jgelegancecars.co.uk/en/

 

They have a 5 star rating on TripAdvisor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...