Concierge Letter for Panoramic Suite?

My wife and I will be in a Panoramic Suite (room 1804) on the Navigator in August.  Does anyone know whether we can expect to get a concierge letter before the cruise like people in Grand Suites get?

2 minutes ago, actuarian said:

My wife and I will be in a Panoramic Suite (room 1804) on the Navigator in August.  Does anyone know whether we can expect to get a concierge letter before the cruise like people in Grand Suites get?

I wouldn't know why not. I'm expecting one in December for Adventure 

The letters / email are not always sent.  However, our experience has been that when the concierge does reach out to guests, it is during the cruise before our cruise.

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I know that there have been other posts that said that Panoramic Suites get all the same perks as Grand Suites.  That may well be true but my wife and I already noticed one trivial difference:  When we were in a Grand Suite, we received luggage tags that were marked "Suite".  However, our luggage tags for the August cruise are instead marked "VIP".  As I said, that difference is trivial but it does seem to mean that there is some kind of difference.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm expecting one also for that cabin #1804 but not until our B2B in it on Adventure April 2021.

If I don't get one...that won't be of a concern.

58 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I know that there have been other posts that said that Panoramic Suites get all the same perks as Grand Suites.  That may well be true but my wife and I already noticed one trivial difference:  When we were in a Grand Suite, we received luggage tags that were marked "Suite".  However, our luggage tags for the August cruise are instead marked "VIP".  As I said, that difference is trivial but it does seem to mean that there is some kind of difference.

Maybe it was because the change was relatively recent, but it is definitely a full suite (and we paid lots more than those who purchased just before the change so pricing is reflecting the new status).  But as to the tags, we had friends on our cruise last month who had VIP on their tags and they were in a 2 br grand suite and were also Pinnacles. Seems then as if VIP is likely at least an equal status?

to the OP - Just email the concierge yourself if you don’t get an email. On our last cruise we received one but 2 couples we knew also in suites did not. If you are in the roll call for your cruise one of those cruisers could also forward it to you if you you do not get yours. Have fun!

@Ashland we will try to keep it in tip top shape for you (we are in the exact suite at Thanksgiving 😬)

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

We just got off the Voyager and received full suite benefits in cabin 1854, including an email from the concierge the week before.  We are officially spoiled.😀

And yes, the view was the best one on the ship which made it incredibly hard to leave for ship activities or meals. My better half thought he'd miss having a balcony but instantly fell in love with the room.  We have another one booked on the Explorer next May after her dry dock.

BTW - I read somewhere that we would be required to turn off our lights at night but never received any notification of that on the ship. We rarely turned on more than the television at night and I never asked the attendant so I don't know if it that is true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hopebh said:

. My better half thought he'd miss having a balcony but instantly fell in love with the room.  

Exactly! DH loves a balcony, usually the bigger the better (even though we don’t use it to a significant degree some days). But with this suite there is actually a huge “balcony” not many steps away (the ship’s deck) and a sun deck just above! But ssssssshhhhhh don’t tell our secret 😉

Edited by 2Beeze

7 hours ago, hopebh said:

We just got off the Voyager and received full suite benefits in cabin 1854, including an email from the concierge the week before.  We are officially spoiled.😀

And yes, the view was the best one on the ship which made it incredibly hard to leave for ship activities or meals. My better half thought he'd miss having a balcony but instantly fell in love with the room.  We have another one booked on the Explorer next May after her dry dock.

BTW - I read somewhere that we would be required to turn off our lights at night but never received any notification of that on the ship. We rarely turned on more than the television at night and I never asked the attendant so I don't know if it that is true.

I thought there would be a sign on the wall near the window advising of this. There was one in a similar facing cabin #8500 on Radiance...have had family in that cabin twice.

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

Exactly! DH loves a balcony, usually the bigger the better (even though we don’t use it to a significant degree some days). But with this suite there is actually a huge “balcony” not many steps away (the ship’s deck) and a sun deck just above! But ssssssshhhhhh don’t tell our secret 😉

Yup.  Hubby didn't miss it all and when he felt the need to feel the wind, it really wasn't that far of a walk.  I really thought that it would be too hot in SE Asia to actually sit out there often and I was right.  I like when that happens. 🙂   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I thought there would be a sign on the wall near the window advising of this. There was one in a similar facing cabin #8500 on Radiance...have had family in that cabin twice.

That is what I thought too but there was nothing. I don't know if it makes a difference but our cabin was two floors above the bridge whereas #8500 appears to be below it.