Epirotiki and Piquet Cruise Line

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure they have had some customers, most likely the majority of them being the Greeks and the French, rspectively.

Actually the majority were not Greek nor French when they sailed in the Caribbean, the passengers were mainly American and Canadian.

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

The cruise line was Paquet, not Piquet.  

Darn spell check. thanks Essiesmom for the correction.  I appreciate that. I sailed on the Rhapsody.  Quite interesting actually.

Edited by Harley52

• 2 weeks later...

I cruised on the Jason, of the Eprotiki line , in 1971, to the Greek Islands and Istanbul, as part of my law school graduation celebration. . Nice smaller ship.

• 1 month later...

Back in the 70's we were on a cruise on the "Oceanic" and docked nest to the "Stella Solaris" of the Epirotiki line.  Back then, you could just say "I'm on a cruise on the XXXX and I'd like to tour your ship".  So we did.  Very small and intimate, almost a big private yacht.  We got talking to some passengers and they said the food was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! All Greek crew/dining/staff

We cruised on Epirotiki I think in 1979 to Greek islands, Egypt and Israel.  Ship wasn’t as nice as US brands, but we had a great time.  All shipboard announcements were in 5 languages.  I had my first Geeek yogurt onboard, and it was awesome!

My husband and I sailed on the Epirotiki Oceanus for our honeymoon in 1984. We cruised from Athens to Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes and Turkey. I remember we were upgraded from an inside cabin to one with a porthole and bunk beds. The bathroom was so small that you could shower and use the toilet at the same time. But it was our first cruise and we were young. We had a great time. The ship was listing the whole time and years later it was in the news when it sunk, and the captain abandoned ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I used to work on the Oceanos as a ship's photographer for about 3 weeks during one summer, around the Greek Islands, then about 10 weeks during the next winter doing a couple of cruises from Durban to Mauritius and back stopping of in Israel on the way back to Athens. The ship was a good enough little ship and most of the crew were fairly friendly. The passengers were a mixture of European and Americans also quite friendly and easy to get along with. Such a shame she sank in so ignominias a fashion in 1991 off South Africa

On 8/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, marco said:

Back in the 70's we were on a cruise on the "Oceanic" and docked nest to the "Stella Solaris" of the Epirotiki line.  Back then, you could just say "I'm on a cruise on the XXXX and I'd like to tour your ship".  So we did.  Very small and intimate, almost a big private yacht.  We got talking to some passengers and they said the food was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! All Greek crew/dining/staff

Stella Solaris was The Sun Line…not Epirotiki.  The food and service were outstanding.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have some nice souvenirs from Epirotiki: 

2 Heavy glass ashtrays

Postcards: Oceanos (sank during cruise), Atlas (formerly the HAL Ryndam 1951-1972, Pallas Athena (which would catch fire), Argonaut, World Renaissance

1 Souvenir scarf

1 Tote Bag (not a typical looking tote bag)

Enjoy the photos of my souvenirs

epirotki ashtray.jpg

Oceanos Postcard.jpg

Atlas Postcard.jpg

Pallas Athena.jpg

Oceanos Postcard.jpg

epirotiki scarf.jpg

epirotiki tote bag.jpg

• 5 months later...