Sharing taxi from airport to port

HalfMoon

I'm arriving on Saturday and thinking of taking a taxi to the port. Since it's just the two of us, what do you think my chances are that I will find people in the taxi line that would be willing to share a vehicle with us? I'm hoping to split the cost. 

8 hours ago, HalfMoon said:

I'm arriving on Saturday and thinking of taking a taxi to the port. Since it's just the two of us, what do you think my chances are that I will find people in the taxi line that would be willing to share a vehicle with us? I'm hoping to split the cost. 

This isn't necessary at all....taxi's aren't that expensive and most of them tend to be a perfect size for two people and luggage. Do you really want to question everyone in line as to their destination ?

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

This isn't necessary at all....taxi's aren't that expensive and most of them tend to be a perfect size for two people and luggage. Do you really want to question everyone in line as to their destination ?

Absolutely agree

If sharing a taxi to port saving is 20€ on 39€ fare. Asking people in line and finding someone going to same destination is unlikely. However once I found people (who took same flight and going on same cruise) to share transfer on roll call forum. But that was for much more expensive transfer between Gatwick and Southampton. 

Edited by hkto

• 3 weeks later...