Knee Scooter to fort

smd8z

Traveling in a few months with my sister (MS) who uses a foldable knee scooter. We would love to see the fort close to port but I am unsure how her knee scooter will do (and how far it is). Anyone have experience with this? Many thanks!

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like we either need to take the Park Service Shuttle or stay near the port. We are only in port from 4-11pm so perhaps I will look into a good restaurant near the port. If anyone has some great recs for restaurants, let me know!

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Some will protest, but we’ve always had a good experience at Barrachina.

Tasty drinks and authentic PR food, casual atmosphere, always a lot of locals, which is a good sign.

Thank you! Any idea how long the walk is from the port to Barrachina?

Barachina's is a good stop.  But your sister will push her knee scooter a bit to get there. It's on the Western end of Calle Fortaleza so further away from the  cruise pier and sidewalks can be crowded.  You can go west from the cruise piers toward the information booth at Paseo de la  Princesa . Hang right and go up the street versus left and staying along the Paseo. Then turn right and head up Calle San Juan for a couple of blocks and turn left. You're there. Might be an easier push

Almost directly across from Pier 4 are Mi Tierra and Mejunje, if all you want is food. Both small places.

JThere are 2 ports. Do you know where you're docking? You may need to take a taxi to Old San Juan if you're on a Royal Caribbean ship.

The BEST early evening experience is the show at Rosa Triana Restaurant. Starts around 7 and the sidewalk is pretty easy to maneuver no matter which route you take. They have a flamenco show most nights but I think it's something different on a few nights.

They serve food, and require a $20 minimum per person, but the food to me is just okay so I just order an app or side and fill in with drinks😊.

Great show!

2 hours ago, Ms411 said:

JThere are 2 ports. Do you know where you're docking? You may need to take a taxi to Old San Juan if you're on a Royal Caribbean ship.

The BEST early evening experience is the show at Rosa Triana Restaurant. Starts around 7 and the sidewalk is pretty easy to maneuver no matter which route you take. They have a flamenco show most nights but I think it's something different on a few nights.

They serve food, and require a $20 minimum per person, but the food to me is just okay so I just order an app or side and fill in with drinks😊.

Great show!

Royal Caribbean ships day port on one of the Old San Juan piers, so you are right there.  The PanAm port is only for starting/ending cruises.