MedallionNet Pricing - Same on ship as pre-cruise?

bubraves83

We are on the Island Princess sailing September 4. I have purchased the 4 device unlimited package for $104.93 as the Cruise Personalizer says buy pre-cruise and save. I have a large amount of OBC to use; will the price on the ship be the same?  If so, obviously I will cancel my purchase and buy onboard to use the credit.

Second, is buying onboard a hassle having to go to a desk or can I do it myself online?

Thank you very much for your assistance. I appreciate the help. 

Edited by bubraves83

Some of us have received varying discounts in exchange for our free minutes (platinum/elite) onboard but haven’t read of any lower price for other passengers.

I had the option to exchange my free minutes for a 25% discount off the precruise price but kept my 300 free minutes.  During the transition to MedallionNet pricing can vary & if you’re happy with the price you may want to keep your plan & to not risk paying more onboard.

Onboard you can easily purchase a plan using your mobile device.

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 hours ago, bubraves83 said:

We are on the Island Princess sailing September 4. I have purchased the 4 device unlimited package for $104.93 as the Cruise Personalizer says buy pre-cruise and save. I have a large amount of OBC to use; will the price on the ship be the same?  If so, obviously I will cancel my purchase and buy onboard to use the credit.

Second, is buying onboard a hassle having to go to a desk or can I do it myself online?

Thank you very much for your assistance. I appreciate the help. 

Did this offer just recently become available for you?  Just wondering, have read several posts about this pricing, which sounds really good, vs the $59.99/pp price that is in my personalizer.  However our cruise isn't until next May, so maybe it's too far out to offer the sale pricing.

Good Morning - can't say for sure when the offers became available, but I posted on our cruise roll call on May 15 about the one device for $59.99 and then on June 16 about the 4 device plan for $14.99/day so I would say it those offers became available very close to those days.  I had purchased 2 of the plans at $59.99 and then cancelled those and purchased the 4 device as that plan is cheaper than the 2 device.

24 minutes ago, bubraves83 said:

Good Morning - can't say for sure when the offers became available, but I posted on our cruise roll call on May 15 about the one device for $59.99 and then on June 16 about the 4 device plan for $14.99/day so I would say it those offers became available very close to those days.  I had purchased 2 of the plans at $59.99 and then cancelled those and purchased the 4 device as that plan is cheaper than the 2 device.

Since your cruise is not too far from now, it is unlikely there will be an internet price increase.  You should receive no worse than the same price point offer on board, if you get it on embarkation day.  No one can absolutely guarantee that, but experience and reports here indicate it will be so.

Steelers36 - thank you for your reply and information.  I think it makes sense to cancel my purchase and use OBC on embarkation day.  Even if a little higher I'm still going to be ahead of the game.  

Note: The 4 device plan is for the Same passenger. You will have Ocean Concierge issues when on board if you are sharing the 4 device plan with someone else (same or different cabin). All the other apps work fine, since you don't need an internet package to use them.

The issue with Ocean Concierge is that you have to login as the passenger with the package. Any feature on the Ocean Concierge see you and not the other passenger. The Chat Feature is one feature most closely tied to the passenger. The easy solution to that is to send e-mails rather than chat.