4★ Mariner Question

Any 4★ know what the discounts are for the Greenhouse Spa & Salon?

Never got any info when I was 3★.  I guess I was always waiting for the flyer that said,   we have a special offer for you Mr. 3★ but then again, I never asked 😞   I just use the Thermal Spa package.

Just was curious. 

Tim

55 minutes ago, niceguyneastbay said:

Never got any info when I was 3★.  I guess I was always waiting for the flyer that said,   we have a special offer for you Mr. 3★ but then again, I never asked 😞   I just use the Thermal Spa package.

Just was curious. 

Tim

In the text you can read at the HAL website: 4****Reduction on certain treatments. And under de FAQs: 10% extra reduction on special treatments if the ship is in the harbour. Special treatments will be published on board (and vary). (As I see the text in dutch only it is my translation of the HAL text.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I wasn't aware that we get real discounts in the Spa.  Ten per cent won't cut it for me.  Now, if they want to give us 50% off as they do with specialty dining, sign me up!

You get 2 free meals per cruise when you make 5 Star. Plus one free Day Pass to the Spa.

As a 4 star you get the following. Keep in mind they add the 15% service on wine & beverage & mini bar:

• 50 percent off specialty dining surcharges, wine packages, beverage purchases in the Explorations Cafe and mini-bar purchases

3 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Please excuse me, but I think you meant "in the Pinnacle Grill". 

The OP was talking about Speciality Restaurants. But I guess I should have specified Pinnacle Grill. You can also use the two free meals for the Canaletto Restaurant. But you would be losing some savings as it is less expensive and you already get 50% off. Since we don’t travel on the bigger ships, I wouldn’t know whether you can get discounts or not at the Tamarind, etc. Oh, and by the way, the 50% quote was actually from HAL.

Edited by Storylady

8 hours ago, niceguyneastbay said:

Just was curious. 

Tim

I've wondered the same thing Tim.... and keep expecting to see some kind of a Mariner Discount offer once we're onboard. 

@niceguyneastbay, as other folks have said, the short answer is no.  There is no 4-star discount for spa passes or treatments. 

But the reason for this is that the spas are not operated by HAL itself.  They are contracted out to a third party, used to be Steiner, perhaps still is.  So HALs loyalty program is really of no significance to the outside contractor.  At least I believe that this is the reason for the policy of no reduced rate for the Mariners.  Someone may correct me if I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, Storylady said:

Since we don’t travel on the bigger ships, I wouldn’t know whether you can get discounts or not at the Tamarind, etc. 

Yes, you will get the Mariner discounts on all Speciality restaurants, so including Tamarind.

7 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I've wondered the same thing Tim.... and keep expecting to see some kind of a Mariner Discount offer once we're onboard. 

In principle it will be applicated automatically on your account. But I strongly recommend to emphasise while ordering or reserving in the restaurants concerned or to the wine steward (ordering packets) that you are a 3, 4 or 5 star Mariner.

7 hours ago, MAVIP said:

In principle it will be applicated automatically on your account. But I strongly recommend to emphasise while ordering or reserving in the restaurants concerned or to the wine steward (ordering packets) that you are a 3, 4 or 5 star Mariner.

To clarify, the OP isn't asking about anything to do with the restaurants. It's a spa question. That's what I was referring to. 

Edited by canadarocks

30 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

To clarify, the OP isn't asking about anything to do with the restaurants. It's a spa question. That's what I was referring to. 

I am so sorry, too busy today I think, and forgot to mention that if I was interested I would ask it at the Spa soonest after embarkation.

12 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Yes, you can remind them, but it's in the ship's manifest.  When approaching the Front Desk, I give my cabin #, and the staff immediately say my name and remind me of my status.  But it never hurts to let a wine steward or maître d' know.  Your key card also notes your status.

I've never received any discount in the spa, but the only service I ever use is the 7-day package for the pool/heated loungers.

Edited by sevenseasnomad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Yes, you can remind them, but it's in the ship's manifest.  When approaching the Front Desk, I give my cabin #, and the staff immediately say my name and remind me of my status.  But it never hurts to let a wine steward or maître d' know.  Your key card also notes your status.

Of course, but...I do not like it too much to go to Guest service for something that should not be absolutely necessary 😉