Ruby Princess Thermal Suite

Mufty16889

Hi fellow cruisers!

Many years ago my husband and I cruised on Ruby Princess and were able to get a package that included unlimited access (during open hours) to the Thermal Suite. Does anyone know if this is still an option? I haven’t been able to find an answer looking at the official site for the Ruby Princess. Thanks in advance! 

We were aboard her last year and they do price for the entire cruise.....as said it's not inexpensive.....I remember doing it once and we did enjoy it.  However the last time we thought the price was too expensive to consider,  remember there are only I believe five tiled heated loungers in there,  from what I remember for a week cruise it was around $280 pp.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Qcruise said:

We were aboard her last year and they do price for the entire cruise.....as said it's not inexpensive.....I remember doing it once and we did enjoy it.  However the last time we thought the price was too expensive to consider,  remember there are only I believe five tiled heated loungers in there,  from what I remember for a week cruise it was around $280 pp.  

That's too bad.  I guess it's popular so they know they can get enough people to make it worth while.  Plus, If i recall correctly the last time we were on the Ruby (March 2018) there were 2 of the 7 days that the Thermal Suite was down. We didn't ask for credit at the time and it was not $280 per person either.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mufty16889 said:

Thanks for the responses so far. If it is available, I’m wondering why it didn’t show as an option when I did a test booking? 

Thermal Suite has always been a "book onboard" item.  Its never been available in advance.   

• Like 2

I’m not sure that that is true. I’m pretty sure that my husband and I booked it in advance years ago. In fact, the cabin selection was based on whether we wanted to also book a Thermal suite or not. I could be mistaken but that is how I remember it. 

The Thermal Suite is more than the 5 heated loungers; there is a small (seats 4) steam room and other rooms.  Here's a video which shows all the TS features:

I've always bought the TS pass because every day at sea I spend some time in each feature it offers and because we usually do longer cruises like TAs that have lots of sea days.  If your cruise is longer than a week and has multiple sea days, I'd recommend the pass if you think you'll use the facilities.  On embarkation days spa tours are offered including the TS so you can see the facilities before you buy a cruise-long pass.  Enjoy!

Edited by BarbinMich
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  My husband reminded me that we in fact did NOT book the thermal suite on Ruby Princess prior to our cruise almost 10 years ago.  We took a tour and booked it on-board.  It is nice to hear that they still have it.  :-) 

I booked the TS on my Ruby cruise in May and it was the one disappointment in my cruise.  The staff weren’t helpful on my first visit and I got lost! On my second visit, they started cleaning before the posted closing time.  I did ask for my money back and had a bit of a runaround there- said I had to talk to spa manager and he was off at the time.  I went back and he still wasn’t there.  They said he’d call.  He didn’t. Had to go back again! Got my money back along with a smirk.  Hope the staff has changed by September.  I really liked the sauna and the beds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I booked the TS on my Ruby cruise in May and it was the one disappointment in my cruise.  The staff weren’t helpful on my first visit and I got lost! On my second visit, they started cleaning before the posted closing time.  I did ask for my money back and had a bit of a runaround there- said I had to talk to spa manager and he was off at the time.  I went back and he still wasn’t there.  They said he’d call.  He didn’t. Had to go back again! Got my money back along with a smirk.  Hope the staff has changed by September.  I really liked the sauna and the beds!

So sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.  Glad you got your money back even tho it was with a smirk--they need customer relations training!

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Any updates on the thermal suites on Ruby Princess?  We are going to Alaska in September and want to look into this.  Also if anyone has a rough idea of the price I'd really appreciate it!

On 7/1/2022 at 5:07 PM, lvjbird said:

Any updates on the thermal suites on Ruby Princess?  We are going to Alaska in September and want to look into this.  Also if anyone has a rough idea of the price I'd really appreciate it!

They do offer a full cruise pass that you can book in advance through the cruise personalizer. It was a little more than $21 per day when I booked it for my 7-day cruise in May. ($149 for 7 days).

Login to your princess account on their website. Select your cruise. Select Onboard Services. Select Lotus Spa Services. Then Select Browse Spa Services (these only become available at the earliest 180 days in advance and sometimes can't be accessed until you've made final payment UNLESS you are in a Full Suite - suite guests get early access to Spa and dining bookings). Then scroll down until you see the box labeled Relaxation Areas. They did used to have a couples pass and a single day pass but more recently I've only seen a single person full cruise pass option. The images below are for my upcoming 5 day cruise. So that's actually a little more than $25 per day. I didn't use it enough last time to justify the cost and won't be paying for it again unless we're on a Royal Class ship. The Enclave was AMAZING and definietly worth the price.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 9.54.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-07-05 9.57.21 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lvjbird said:

Thanks so much for all the info!  I'm going to get on this right away.  Just now seeing the post and starting to get excited about this cruise!

We're officially 30 days out as of today for our next cruise and I can't wait! We're sailing on the Diamond so in addition to the standard thermal suite they have the Izumi Japanese Bath and I'm really excited to try that. From what I understand (unless they have changed it since the shut-down) you can by a multi visit pass vs. having to choose to pay only for a day or two or the whole cruise. I kind of wish they did that with the Thermal Suite too.