Oasis 8 Dec Itinerary Change

On 7/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, sdrocks said:

Received this same email for my Feb 16th cruise.

I’m on this cruise and have not received the email. Called my TA and he did not get the email either. TG for social media since RC seems not to be able to change my no longer working email to my new one. I’ve been trying to change that email for the last 2 years. 

I am booked on the Allure for Christmas (one of the most expensive weeks of the year) and just got notified our trip to St Thomas for a full day (7am-4pm), is now only a morning in San Juan (7am-1pm).  By the time anyone gets off the ship, it will be more like 8am/9am and then they will have to set sail by 1pm to allow another ship to dock.  This is very frustrating and disappointing.  Seems they have known of these issues for while and they have 4 months from now to get it fixed...or at least find an all-day port we can dock at.

To make matters worse, they sent out a marketing email about all the exciting upgrades the Allure will be getting in March so it will be ready by summer.  My bet is they don't want to fix it until then because it's the easiest thing to do.  

When I contacted customer support, they really did not care.  I'm a Platinum Crown and Anchor member and it didn't matter.  I feel they could have handled this a lot better...like notify everyone in May when the problem first arose, found a full-day port to move to, fix the ship to ensure it can make it, or at the very least provide some type of compensation for the inconvenience.  They will now have cheaper port costs due to decreased time in port, cheaper fuel costs due to less engines and miles travelled, and increased on-board profits because we will be on-board for an extra day.  If I had wanted this itinerary, NCL has a similar trip on the same week for half the cost.  I chose RCI out of loyalty and they don't seem very loyal to me.  Seems they could shuffle things in Oct (a very slow month) and get it fixed so that all 30 of the other cruises wouldn't be impacted as well.  Or at the very least, show some sympathy to your guests for their loyalty....and you'd think with all the recent negative publicity they would be trying to keep their loyal fan base happy...

It's hard to change ports, especially with the Oasis class, but some compensation should be offered. This is not their usual "we can change ports at any time". This is for a mechanical problem that they have total control when to repair it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dlyons14 said:

I'm a Platinum Crown and Anchor member and it didn't matter.  show some sympathy to your guests for their loyalty....and you'd think with all the recent negative publicity they would be trying to keep their loyal fan base happy...

Unfortunately the loyalty programs serve only one purpose and that is to bring people back. They couldn't care less about satisfying the customer at this point because they book solid. The day will come when they won't be able to fill those mega ships and perhaps the tides will turn. For now they get away with what they do because people won't walk away. This board has the most complaints related to customer service than any other board I follow. I can't tell you how many times I read complaints and the OP has several more cruises booked with the line. I can't believe that they are still selling itineraries that they know they can't support. There should be some compensation and I don't mean a percent off your next booking. That only serves them in the future and doesn't make you whole in the present.

Try to enjoy your sailing. At least it's on an Oasis class ship with lots to do on board.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate.  Luckily we have a lot of choices in not only cruise lines, but alternative vacations.  I may just use this to cancel and go somewhere else.  Thx for your reply.  An update, I sent the director of guest services an email yesterday.  As of today, no reply.  We'll see if anyone replies.  If they don't, then I would say I completely agree that they don't care... 

• Like 1