Which currency on Eclipse to Alaska

lasekeye

2 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Thanks, that’s what I thought, but I’m looking at shore excursions and they are CDN $$, so I was 2nd guessing myself. 

Shore excursions are charged to your USD on board account in USD, not CDN.  🍷

51 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Shore excursions are charged to your USD on board account in USD, not CDN.  🍷

If you're booking online they will be in the currency of the country you have booked. If booking when on the ship, it will be charged to your account in USD.

• Like 2

If you are booking private tours in Canadian ports (Victoria, Vancouver), you may be seeing quotes in CA$, but shouldn't be seeing them on Celebrity tours unless it's a computer glitch (which wouldn't be shocking on Celebrity's website!).   

Edited by Kartgv

2 hours ago, Kartgv said:

If you are booking private tours in Canadian ports (Victoria, Vancouver), you may be seeing quotes in CA$, but shouldn't be seeing them on Celebrity tours unless it's a computer glitch (which wouldn't be shocking on Celebrity's website!).   

Perhaps you did not notice that the OP is in Canada and is probably using the Canadian website where all prices, including shore excursions, are in Canadian Dollars.

6 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Perhaps you did not notice that the OP is in Canada and is probably using the Canadian website where all prices, including shore excursions, are in Canadian Dollars.

The OP's post is very confusing.  If they want to set up an on board account, that account will be in USD.  That's what they are asking?  If they want to "purchase" ahead of time, then I guess it will be in Canadian dollars?  I'll defer that to the Canadians.   

So, if the OP wants to purchase stuff using the on board account, it will be in USD.  🍷

We pay for everything in USD.  There is an option when booking on-line to book in CDN or USD.  We use USD.  We are on a New England/Canada cruise this fall and we are booking private tours some of which are quoted in USD and some in CDN.  I don't understand people in Canada quoting their tours in USD but that seems to be what is happening in some cases.  Maybe they think we won't notice.