Fridge?

bowen9475

I'm not sure about the Freedom, but I do know that the fridges on the newer ships (like Vista) work really well to keep things cold, but those on the older ships might require you to keep the cabinet door that houses the fridge open, in order to keep stuff cold enough.

One secret to these fridges that I've learned is not to fill them up too much at once! If there's a ton of stuff to chill at the same time, it really slows down. I'd suggest only putting a couple of bottles of water, a couple of sodas, in it at a time... then every few hours you can add a few more, until you've got everything in there you want to chill. This was really effective on our last cruise!

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

One secret to these fridges that I've learned is not to fill them up too much at once! If there's a ton of stuff to chill at the same time, it really slows down. I'd suggest only putting a couple of bottles of water, a couple of sodas, in it at a time... then every few hours you can add a few more, until you've got everything in there you want to chill. This was really effective on our last cruise!

Yep! This applies to your fridge and freezer at home too! Overcrowding can lead to it breaking down (learned that the hard way).

The mini fridges are not real cold.  Yes Freedom has them.  I think "shaded lady" meant to not put a bunch of warm stuff in there all at one time.  Allow a few items to chill, then add more.  Yes, at home freezers work better full, but personally I don't put a bunch of warm stuff in there at one time.

3 hours ago, coevan said:

most ships have fridges and water bottles fit

Not a good statement.  Only two of the Fantasy class have them in all cabins (Elation, Paradise), the rest have them only in suites.  I don't believe they added them to all cabins when Destiny was made into Sunshine.  Haven't seen reports whether Sunrise got them.  Victory would not have them yet.  Fridges became standard with Conquest class.  EM