Changing Speciality Restaurant reservation

janetcbl

I’ve just learned of a conflict with the time we have booked our reservation at The Chef’s Table. I don’t want to cancel it on line and be left with nothing. How would you suggest I do this once we go onboard our cruise most efficiently?

26 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

I’ve just learned of a conflict with the time we have booked our reservation at The Chef’s Table. I don’t want to cancel it on line and be left with nothing. How would you suggest I do this once we go onboard our cruise most efficiently?

Talk to the person taking reservations at the World Cafe an the port/left entrance.  He/she can make the change and has lots of flexibility.  The alternative is to use the app or the room TV once on board.  Not as much flexibility, but if what you want is there, you'll have it right away.  

• Like 1

The app might be the better option, as you won't have to wait in a line of other pax. It's not difficult, and you can do it from anywhere on the ship, even before your room is available. You can see availability for dates and times.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can you see the Chefs Table menu?  When do we know the dates and menus?  

You will be able to see the menus (as "Sample Menus") before you'll be able to book. If I remember correctly, you may also know which menu on which days.

There may be special dinner events, such as a seafood buffet by the pool, but you won't find out about those until you're onboard. Also, one night in The Restaurant, they may serve lobster - a WHOLE lobster - which is amazing. But this won't be "advertised." You will just have to browse the dinner menus for The Restaurant once onboard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another option is to visit the reception desk at the restaurant itself. Both Manfredi’s and the Chefs Table have a desk by the restaurant and you just have to check to see if someone is there. They can help as well.  We found them very accommodating. 

Perhaps I shouldn’t be giving this “secret” away 😝. Everyone will be doing it!

2 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

Another option is to visit the reception desk at the restaurant itself. Both Manfredi’s and the Chefs Table have a desk by the restaurant and you just have to check to see if someone is there. They can help as well.  We found them very accommodating. 

Perhaps I shouldn’t be giving this “secret” away 😝. Everyone will be doing it!

Ha!  We know this "trick" as well.  Pretty much every avenue is helpful on board!

As for reservations, I can see how people who have not been on VOC get concerned ahead of time and we also were ahead of our first VOC - but now that we've been on several - we know we can just go with the flow.   Everything changes, including our moods an inclinations for a large dinner (we've moved Manfredi's reservations just for that reason!)

• Like 1

I am not sure when you made your reservations, but we did on Tuesday. I picked a wrong date/menu for CT. I entered back into dining, clicked on existing reservations, and there was the option to cancel individual dates. The system then automatically repopulated my now available reservation and I was able to reserve it for the menu we were more interested  in. This may be available to you. 

Edited by Vineyard View