Internet - buy before or during?

We are cruising the top end of Australia in February and have been getting ads from Royal for internet at 50% off. When I look in my cruise planner it is showing the price as $15.99USD per day for one device. This doesn't look particularly cheap! Are we better off waiting until we board the ship? 

2 minutes ago, chris_kelowna said:

We are cruising the top end of Australia in February and have been getting ads from Royal for internet at 50% off. When I look in my cruise planner it is showing the price as $15.99USD per day for one device. This doesn't look particularly cheap! Are we better off waiting until we board the ship? 

You will pay more on board, but could save money if you waited until several days into the cruise to buy.

I usually pay anywhere from $8.99-15.99 USD for my Voom Surf & Stream for one device. It can vary. However I've never found it cheaper onboard. Once I purchase I keep checking my cruise planner for sales and cancel and re-purchase to get the best price point. My next cruise I'm paying $11.99 per night for our 13 night Snowbird cruise in Oct '19 haven't seen it cheaper  at this point.

Voom S&S on Ovation to NZ in February recently dropped from $15.99 to $13.99 USD so there is hope. 

Surf only is being offered for $11.99 USD on Ovation so if basic connectivity is all that is required perhaps that is an option that will become available for your ship.

1 hour ago, chris_kelowna said:

It's a 16 day sailing. 

It's very unlikely the price on board would be any better (with the E discount), for such a long sailing, assuming you are buying for the whole voyage.

Look for combo deals as well. I was planning on getting a soda package, and got soda + voom surf and stream for $21 (soda is usually $9-10 and voom is $14-16). I see they are currently offering it with the deluxe beverage package for $55 on my November harmony sailing. Usually the beverage package alone is $50 a day. It's also included with the key, but they are selling the key for way too much on my sailing at $30 a day but if interested in that it may be cheaper as well.