Cruise Points

I tried searching for this answer but apparently I can't pose a question correctly 😞 I have a Royal cruise booked for 2. The person probably won't be able to make the cruise. If they become a no-show at the port, will I get double points or should I cancel them? It doesn't matter if it's after final payment because I still have to pay single supplement, correct? Which will guarantee me double points?

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Don't cancel the other person. Let him/her be a no-show. You will get two points per night.  (unless you are booked in a JS or higher.  Then you will get three points per night.)

That's the answer I was hoping for! Thank you!

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Don't cancel the other person. Let him/her be a no-show. You will get two points per night.  (unless you are booked in a JS or higher.  Then you will get three points per night.)

Why do you suggest not canceling the other person? If the other person doesn’t cancel, can they still make a claim on travel insurance?  If they do cancel and don’t have travel insurance, are the port fees and taxes not refunded? 

8 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Why do you suggest not canceling the other person? If the other person doesn’t cancel, can they still make a claim on travel insurance?  If they do cancel and don’t have travel insurance, are the port fees and taxes not refunded? 

There are some risks to cancelling the other person. One is that RC will reprice the cabin to current fares.

Port fees and taxes (and any onboard amenities that have been purchased) will be automatically refunded to the no-show's credit card.

I am assuming that debitoo is asking about a decision that is made in the 100% penalty phase.

17 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are some risks to cancelling the other person. One is that RC will reprice the cabin to current fares.

Port fees and taxes (and any onboard amenities that have been purchased) will be automatically refunded to the no-show's credit card.

I am assuming that debitoo is asking about a decision that is made in the 100% penalty phase.

I just couldn’t imagine a reason to not cancel versus being a no-show and appreciate you taking the time to answer.

It never occurred to me that the fare would be repriced although I do know that canceling a third person can result in stateroom changes so I guess Royal would see it as the same thing and reprice.

56 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

I just couldn’t imagine a reason to not cancel versus being a no-show and appreciate you taking the time to answer.

It never occurred to me that the fare would be repriced although I do know that canceling a third person can result in stateroom changes so I guess Royal would see it as the same thing and reprice.

It's a nasty thing to do, but sometimes they do it.

I recently had to travel solo and cancelled my husband 10 days before the sail date.  Although they didn’t actually change the price of my booking as a charge to myself, in their computer system it was shown as a re-pricing.  As a result of that, all my on board credit was removed because they said it was so close to sailing and, therefore, not eligible for obc.  My travel agent was able to make a few calls and have it re-instated.  

• Like 1