Multiple ships at Coco Cay

jptoz

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, mooseman52b said:

Should be wonderful. Majesty has about half as many passengers as Mariner and now there's no tendering to deal with. Off the ship onto the pier and off to the beach, pool, or water park.

16 hours ago, twangster said:

Last week with Navigator and Empress there were plenty of places to find a lounger and umbrella (umbrellas are free now).  Maybe not in the front row at the pool but it was a lot better than a sea day on a ship trying to find a longer close to the pool.

Anthem and Majesty will top our numbers but there are so many places to spread out the crowds now it shouldn't be an issue.  I recall hearing Bayley talking that it was designed with the ultimate goal or ability for two Oasis class ships to visit someday.  

The numbers are not quite what you think.

The maximum occupancy of Mariner is 3800 and the maximum occupancy of Majesty is 2700.  So Majesty's passenger count  is NOT half of Mariner's.  More like 70% of Mariner's capacity.  (3800 + 2700 = 6500)

Navigator has more cabins (thank you, Royal Caribbean), with a maximum capacity of 4000.  Combined with Empress' 1800, that's 5800.  A smaller number.

And Anthem is not as much larger as you think.  Maximum capacity is 4900.  So 4900 + 2700 = 7600.  

As stated by others, the real fun is two Oasis class ships.  Harmony + Symphony could be 13,300.  (OMG, I can't believe that I just typed that number) 

But they are developing two new areas, to increase the play space even more.

And remember, these are all MAXIMUM numbers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Exactly.... my upcoming Majesty B2B will probably have half the rooms with solo cruisers, thanks to no single supplement when they had to drop Cuba and needed to fill the empty rooms.  

Even though one of the legs is completely sold out room-wise at this point, I'm guessing we'll probably only be at around 65% of the maximum capacity.  Better for me to score a lounge chair in the shade on the pool deck!

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

You literally quoted a post that said it was fine -- it did not come up "after" you made your post, as it was included in your post.  

Sorry for being snarky, but you would have saved yourself from all of it if you had actually read and comprehended the post you quoted in the first place.

Instead, it's like you only read the purple parts and completely ignored the red parts. 

I love Cruise Critic and have learned a lot here over the years and I'm always happy to help others, but when people don't comprehend what they read, it creates problems that don't actually exist.  

First of all, there is no reason for you to be snarky.  There was absolutely no reason for your attitude.  Second of all the "purple part" was the part that specifically mentioned the 2 ships that will be there when I am there.  The other part, which I did read by the way, mentioned 2 other ships.  And, when I said that the posts came up after I made my post, I was answering your original, unnecessary comment about reading the posts in the thread.  

I, too, enjoy Cruise Critic, however it's people like you who create the problems.  You claim I didn't comprehend what I read, however you are the one who did that.  You can capitalize words and highlight them in different colors all you want...it doesn't make you correct.  Enough already.

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The numbers are not quite what you think.

The maximum occupancy of Mariner is 3800 and the maximum occupancy of Majesty is 2700.  So Majesty's passenger count  is NOT half of Mariner's.  More like 70% of Mariner's capacity.  (3800 + 2700 = 6500)

Navigator has more cabins (thank you, Royal Caribbean), with a maximum capacity of 4000.  Combined with Empress' 1800, that's 5800.  A smaller number.

And Anthem is not as much larger as you think.  Maximum capacity is 4900.  So 4900 + 2700 = 7600.  

As stated by others, the real fun is two Oasis class ships.  Harmony + Symphony could be 13,300.  (OMG, I can't believe that I just typed that number) 

But they are developing two new areas, to increase the play space even more.

OMG math checkers too 😁 I didn't actually look up the numbers, just guesstimated. Majesty just feels a heck of a lot smaller than Mariner.

So, Majesty's maximum capacity is about 3/4 that of Mariner's maximum.

Are you going to correct me and say it's 71% ± 😜 ?

On 8/9/2019 at 2:51 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty, Empress and Grandeur = ok

Oasis, Allure & Harmony = ruh roh

😄

True. At one time Labadee, like Coco Cay, had only had one ship at time. After Pier was put in they started doing 2 ships at time, but was one Large and one Smaller ship. Remember when at most had 500-1500 at time on Coco Cay and Labadee, now many times that but they are set up for it. Lot more Developed area then 2-3 Decades ago. First time went to Labadee over 30yrs ago only had one Building, a rest room. No locals selling wares, no Jet Skis. Food was Hamburgs, Hot Dogs and Chicken all cooked over open grill. Have to remember that even though 2 ships might have say 8000 passengers, not all will go ashore or be there at same time...

Edited by ONECRUISER