Bath tubs on Koningsdam

57redbird

When I asked why tubs were left out of the lesser class cabins, I was told many older passengers do not like having to step into a tub. Seems odd, since the older passengers are more likely to be able to afford the suites. I suspect it gives them room for more (smaller) cabins, and the younger passengers are comfortable with a shower only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RktScience said:

When I asked why tubs were left out of the lesser class cabins, I was told many older passengers do not like having to step into a tub. Seems odd, since the older passengers are more likely to be able to afford the suites. I suspect it gives them room for more (smaller) cabins, and the younger passengers are comfortable with a shower only.

I much prefer to only have a shower and I'm a senior.  I never take a bath and certainly not in those tiny tubs. 

20 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I much prefer to only have a shower and I'm a senior.  I never take a bath and certainly not in those tiny tubs. 

Ditto.  I'm always a bit afraid of slipping getting in and out of a tub, especially on a rocking ship.  I haven't sat down in a tub in 52 years, when I moved out of my parents' house! 

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I LOVE the Koningsdam showers!

Ditto.  Much better than the shower stall part of Neptunes which barely give you enough room to lift your arms! (We've never had a Signature or Vista suite, so don't know how they compare.)

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Ditto.  Much better than the shower stall part of Neptunes which barely give you enough room to lift your arms! (We've never had a Signature or Vista suite, so don't know how they compare.)

I so agree with you!  Definitely would never get another Neptune on the Koningsdam.  Here was my description of the shower:

On 12/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, *Miss G* said:

THE DREADED NEPTUNE SHOWER

Purchased a Neptune?  Well this is what you get for wanting nice things:

The Shower is 24” x 24”.  But those are not all YOUR inches.  Oh no.  YOUR inches lie in a bottomless bucket of unfulfilled dreams.  YOUR inches are 17” x 19”.  If you would like to stand under the shower then your allotment dwindles to 12’’ but you share those inches with the hand-held shower and the cleaning condiments.  Don’t even think about shaving your legs or you will take a soap tray to the face.

Want to shower in the bath?  Tough noogies. There is no shower in the bath.  In fact, if you are larger than a three-year-old then there is no bath either.  Maybe if you lie sideways.  But don’t turn on the jets.

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

They have showers. They're just very small. I don't know if they're all as small as Miss G's, but the ones in the deck 7 corner afts are tiny.

I’m on deck 4 aft. I will ask thank you so much!

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Sorry!  You’ve got to try it at least once.  It was worth it just for Club Orange!

Your description of the shower is priceless!!!!!!!  😂

Which deck were you on? I was on 7 and I thought it was more like 27x27. Luxury compared to your 24 x 24.

I had a Neptune along the side (SA) this winter and that had a decent shower. Not huge, but longer than what I had in the corner aft (rectangle rather than little square). Still no shower over the tub. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Your description of the shower is priceless!!!!!!!  😂

Which deck were you on? I was on 7 and I thought it was more like 27x27. Luxury compared to your 24 x 24.

I had a Neptune along the side (SA) this winter and that had a decent shower. Not huge, but longer than what I had in the corner aft (rectangle rather than little square). Still no shower over the tub. 

Guess how I found out you take a soap tray to the face?  😂

We were in a Neptune Spa Suite - room # 10006:

E78BB357-DF0E-4B3A-884C-774923E27E50.jpeg

As we are thinking about sailing on Konigsdam from Vancouver next year, and viewing the verandah and OV pics, how on earth does one sit on the toilet if taller than 4'8"?? I'm tall and big so those shower stalls look really uncomfortably tiny and then the toilet angle so no leg room? Gah HAL WTH...

8 hours ago, operakatz said:

and viewing the verandah and OV pics, how on earth does one sit on the toilet if taller than 4'8"??

I don't know about the OV showers, but the one in our VE cabin was quite roomy!  The toilet angle, well, if you have long legs you have to turn sideways a bit or live with your knee up against the glass. You get used to it.

9 hours ago, operakatz said:

As we are thinking about sailing on Konigsdam from Vancouver next year, and viewing the verandah and OV pics, how on earth does one sit on the toilet if taller than 4'8"?? I'm tall and big so those shower stalls look really uncomfortably tiny and then the toilet angle so no leg room? Gah HAL WTH...

Agree with @catl331.  The showers in the verandah were huge and awesome!  I don’t have a problem with the toilet angle so can’t relate to those who do.  You’ll be fine!

1 minute ago, Ellen495 said:

So what is the verandah room like? I was excited about the aft on the Neptune room - but I don't want a miserable shower so I'm torn.

Stick with the Neptune!  You get Club Orange and the lounge and laundry and expedited everything.

To answer your question about the verandah room.... it is nice.  But not as nice as the Neptune Suites.  

Well thank you so much - but I'm worried now that the shower will be awful and it's a LOT of money for being uncomfortable in the shower. The aft and the room and amenities sounds great but we won't really be able to use them as my daughter will be in a regular room so she can't do Club Orange (whatever that is....). I figured it was okay because she would be able to enjoy the aft with us. She didn't want to share the room with us and her friend MIGHT come.

5 minutes ago, Ellen495 said:

Well thank you so much - but I'm worried now that the shower will be awful and it's a LOT of money for being uncomfortable in the shower. The aft and the room and amenities sounds great but we won't really be able to use them as my daughter will be in a regular room so she can't do Club Orange (whatever that is....). I figured it was okay because she would be able to enjoy the aft with us. She didn't want to share the room with us and her friend MIGHT come.

The shower is far better than what the other ships have (non Pinnacle class) so it’s all relative.   I would not be worried, nor would I focus on that alone.  Your daughter can join you in Club Orange if she wishes.  She just needs to purchase that upgrade.  I believe it is $35/day/pp.  It is a separate restaurant for the Neptune and Pinnacle suites and it is awesome.