Aft facing balcony on Joy

14 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

No worries!  I wouldn’t have known either. I’d love a balcony like that!

We are going on the Breakaway again in Feb, this time we have booked a large balcony cabin. The 1st time we had an inside and bid on balcony and received the aft. First time in a balcony cabin, got spoiled!

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Mini-suite with large balcony (located towards the front of the ship)

If choosing a B1 on deck 12, my main choice would be 12358/12958. They are both bed near balcony. I'd avoid 12362 because it has the most narrow aft-facing balcony on that deck. It is also bed near closet which I don't prefer. I'm not including 12962 because it is wheelchair accessible and should go to someone who needs it.

Thanks!  I talked dh into the M6!  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

No worries!  I wouldn’t have known either. I’d love a balcony like that!

On the Breakaway Plus ships, the B1s aren't that deep on deck 12. Actually, none of the B1s on the Breakaway Plus ships are that deep. The deepest B1s on the Breakaway Plus ships (deck 9) is about mid-pack for the Breakaway (BA/GA) class. 

36 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thanks!  I talked dh into the M6!

The only negatives for the M6 are the lack of privacy from above (about 2/3 of the balcony is exposed) and the forward location. The positives are the large balcony and the great view directly down to the water. 

8 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On the Breakaway Plus ships, the B1s aren't that deep on deck 12. Actually, none of the B1s on the Breakaway Plus ships are that deep. The deepest B1s on the Breakaway Plus ships (deck 9) is about mid-pack for the Breakaway (BA/GA) class. 

If they were, I would have went with one of those. 

8 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The only negatives for the M6 are the lack of privacy from above (about 2/3 of the balcony is exposed) and the forward location. The positives are the large balcony and the great view directly down to the water. 

Yeah, I found a video of one. I still like it. If we want privacy we could stay on the unexposed part. I will like the bigger shower. Lots to do on that floor too. I don’t mind being aft or forward, just gives me more exercise. 

One of the reasons I like the aft cabin is for view.  When the Joy heads to Victoria, the view will be on the right side, then heading out and down the west coast the view will be on the left side.  With an aft cabin, I get the view on both sides.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lazydaz said:

One of the reasons I like the aft cabin is for view.  When the Joy heads to Victoria, the view will be on the right side, then heading out and down the west coast the view will be on the left side.  With an aft cabin, I get the view on both sides.  

We’ve never had an aft facing cabin before, but I’ve heard many say how much they love them. I do want to try one at some point. 

14 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Mini-suite with large balcony (located towards the front of the ship)

If choosing a B1 on deck 12, my main choice would be 12358/12958. They are both bed near balcony. I'd avoid 12362 because it has the most narrow aft-facing balcony on that deck. It is also bed near closet which I don't prefer. I'm not including 12962 because it is wheelchair accessible and should go to someone who needs it.

I booked 12958 on the Joy for the Panama Canal from one of your suggestions. Thanks!!

On 8/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, TIBTEE said:

I booked 12958 on the Joy for the Panama Canal from one of your suggestions. Thanks!!

Thats great!  It actually makes me feel much better because after asking all these questions, deciding on a M6, and waiting to connect with our cruise planner we did a 180. Now we are sailing on the Pearl to the Panama Canal and a balcony isn’t in our budget. Bummed about the balcony, but more excited about this itinerary and the extra days!  Looks like we will be in a oceanview with a picture window. Enjoy that aft balcony!!!

• Like 1