Thoughts on Ruby Princess?

ELep

Good afternoon all. I am after your thoughts on Ruby Princess for a FNQ itinerary I am eyeing off today please? We are in our early 50's, not late night party people, more into laying by the pool in the warmth or enjoying the view and some peace from the balcony. With a drink or two before dinner. Our previous ships have been C Spirit (loved the Serenity area) RCI VOSeas and P&O Pacific Explorer (for a weekend a 6 night to Tas in June). Recent reviews are from cruisers in Alaska. I tend to think that US cruisers may perhaps have different attitudes  and expectations to cruising when compared to Ozzies? 🙂 TIA

I think you'd enjoy Princess. I haven't been on Ruby but have been on Golden and Diamond. The Lotus Spa Pool is a lovely quiet pool to relax around although, because it is tucked down a deck there are no views from there. It't not part of the spa so is free to use.

If you want a bit of extra luxury book into the Sanctuary just above that pool $40pp for the full day, $20pp for an afternoon. The sunloungers are super-comfy, you get great views, and afternoon tea is served to your sunlounger.

Princess has great entertainment at night and there is enough variety to suit all tastes. 

Thanks all, I have been watching prices for a while and Princess and RCI have some good prices ATM. (can't say the same for Carnival, not good value ATM). We have a weekender booked on Majestic as the price was good and time suited with our group. I note that Majestic has mixed reviews but Ruby seems more consistently good. I think we may go for it.