Laundry

nonrev1

On 8/20/2019 at 12:50 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry nonrev1 to take this away from the laundry perk which was the reason you started the thread, but I would like to mention the other internet benefit as a demonstration of what seems to be the true meaning of loyalty as far as Azamara sees it. 

They will give free unlimited internet as one of their perks on a special offer to anyone buying that one cruise. However, spend 10s or even 100s of thousands of pounds on cruising with Azamara and if you don't catch that deal then you have to pay for unlimited internet. How crazy is that?

Phil 

The internet on Quest in April was so terrible that we never even used our Discoverer Plus benefit. We were only out of range on the single sea day, so didn’t need the Wifi - our US carrier is T Mobile and we were able to upgrade their free international data plan from 2G to something better (might have been LTE) for $5/day. Quest’s Wifi was completely out for the first couple of days of the cruise and each time I tried it I couldn’t even get to the page to put in my access code. I finally stopped pushing the elevator button.

It’s mind-boggling to me that the Discoverer Plus benefit is an extra 30 minutes over Discoverer. Celebrity go from 90 minutes for Elite to 240 for Elite Plus. And we made full use of our FOUR laundry bags on an 11-night cruise.

Now, it was lovely to sail past Millennium in Hakodate and dock right in town. But to me it’s no longer worth the additional cost of an Azamara cruise.

18 minutes ago, critterchick said:

It’s mind-boggling to me that the Discoverer Plus benefit is an extra 30 minutes over Discoverer. Celebrity go from 90 minutes for Elite to 240 for Elite Plus. And we made full use of our FOUR laundry bags on an 11-night cruise.

It's even more mind boggling that by moving from Discoverer Plus (Elite Plus) to Discoverer Platinum (Zenith) they give you an extra 30 minutes or $20 more off an unlimited package. That's going from 750 points to 3000.  

I always pony up for the unlimited package because I can't take the stress of constantly logging on and off whilst the clock ticks!

You'll know from these pages that I love Azamara, but the disparity with the loyalty programs between them and Celebrity is odd. Zenith on Celebrity gets you free unlimited wifi, aside from free unlimited laundry and a nice drink package. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

Hope you brought your formal wear. Wonder what kind of tonic is sold on this ship?

Fever Tree! In many varieties too.

I like wearing a “posh frock” occasionally too so it’s no problem. We are having a great time. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, uktog said:

Lottie, I hope you can post a comparison of your experiences of this cruise with that on Azamara.  Certainly the prices of the less frills line attract so it would be good to know if there is a big difference or not between them

Ann...so far so good. Actually food is very good, great male opera singer last night but generally singers and dancers not quite on par with Azamara but they are not awful. There is excellent Trivia...the winning team get a good bottle of Cava every time instead of those silly stamps you get on Azamara and the crew can’t do enough for us and are very friendly.

We had dinner with the Staff Captain last night and he was a charming and funny Croatian man in his thirties who knows a lot of the Azamara officers. 

My cabin is the same size as Azamara and the bathroom/shower is bigger! Ships tours are half Azamara prices ...afternoon tea at the lovely Reid’s Palace Hotel in Madeira plus an Island Tour is £68. All the tours are fully booked because they are reasonably priced. I had a Spa Day yesterday and a neck, back and shoulder massage, Indian Head Massage and hair wash and blow dry was in total £55. I was in The Spa for 3 hours in all and I think that is wonderful value. 

The passenger demographic is mostly older British with a few Americans, French and Germans but they are quite lively. The Coral Lounge (disco) was apparently very busy until 2am last night. I left at about 1 am worn out from dancing! The ship is a bit smaller than the R class ships but has more passengers, about 900 when full. However we are not sailing full and there is never a queue for anything. 

The only thing I don’t really like is the fixed time dining. 

All in all it’s excellent value and I would certainly cruise with Fred again. In Vigo today...not the most exciting port so I’m just going to Punt Roma to shop for a while. We are heading out across The Atlantic to Madeira this afternoon and have two days there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Lottie I could cope with fixed dining and from what you say Azamara could learn a lot from the less premium lines. 

Keep on enjoying and glad the foot has allowed you your dancing shoes on! 

• Like 1